Torch fetish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Me again, I’m in a posting mood today, sorry!

Since the age of four I’ve had a torch fetish, I own many and desire more. I’ve never found the perfect one though. It would need to small, light, robust, very very bright, have a good beam, but also be usable as an ambient light source and finally be good value for money (if not free!) So, apart from the Sun, my best compromise are PALights (http://www.palights.com/).

Do you have a favourite or a suggestion? Please say others share my problem!

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Andy Brierley said:
Me again, I’m in a posting mood today, sorry!

Since the age of four I’ve had a torch fetish, I own many and desire more. I’ve never found the perfect one though. It would need to small, light, robust, very very bright, have a good beam, but also be usable as an ambient light source and finally be good value for money (if not free!) So, apart from the Sun, my best compromise are PALights (http://www.palights.com/).

Do you have a favourite or a suggestion? Please say others share my problem!

Your link does not seem to be working. The torch you want is a Gladius, unfortunately almost as far from cheap as you can get but bright, variable light setting, LED for long life and waterproof to 50m.

charliefox

Forager
May 16, 2005
County Durham
I get nervous if I'm too far from my Surefire Lumamax L4.

Have to hold my hand up and admit to ordering a Night Ops Gladius from the US yesterday. Should work out at $235 delivered. I know.... I know... but when you've caught the bug, you've caught the bug.

Anyway, I've only got around 10 (torches). I mean, it's not like I need help or anything... is it? :D :eek:

Chris

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
charliefox said:
Should work out at $235 delivered.

$235 for a torch? Blimey! ;) :confused:

Andy Brierley... said:
but also be usable as an ambient light source...

For an ambient light i'd light a candle, can buy them for about 50p :D . But seriously, I have in my pocket an inova microlight, which throws a good light for the size, and is apparantly very robust and 'unbreakable'. It is also viewable as a signal at a mile, or something like that. And costs just £11 something.

mine are evolving somewhat. To begin with, I was happy with a photon copy on the key ring, a solitaire in my pocket, a minimag on my belt and a 2D Mag in my kit. Then I modded the solitaire to an ultrabrite white led with a 12v battery. Now, I have a Photon 3 on my keyring, the solitaire in my pocket, an Inova X1 on my belt and a Tigerlight (WAAAAY brighter than a Gladius :cool: ) in my kit. At the moment I'm also playing with an Inova X3 which may just knock the X1 into my pocket and the solitaire onto the shelf :rolleyes:

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
There is a torch thread going on BB just now CLICK HERE

here are mine ;)

176298.jpg

176300.jpg

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Mojo, good God man, I’m an amateur compared to you! I love that mini mag you’ve chopped down, what does it burn?

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Andy Brierley said:
Mojo, good God man, I’m an amateur compared to you! I love that mini mag you’ve chopped down, what does it burn?

Its got a 1W terralux LED conversion in it just now, and it runs off mojos secret 3V AA sized lithiums. It can also run standard bulb or MJled!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE