Torch fetish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesraykenney

Forager
Aug 16, 2004
Beaumont, TX
Andy Brierley said:
So that would be real wood effect plastic as apposed to fake wood effect plastic. Oh, and thanks for the Maglite.

Yes I ordered another Palight too. I’ve got the normal one, which is brilliant; my only observation is that the beam is a little narrow for walking with it. I had made a little diffuser for the lens to turn it into a lamp, which is what they seem to have done with the new ones.

I can’t remember what the non-humvee one was called, I assumed it was identical just not branded, but I wasn’t sure. Plus I like the fact it comes with a belt clip and magnet at no extra charge. If you buy it from the site they are about £10 cheaper than the basic ones on other site.

To buy, If you go to the where to by page, at the bottom there is a buy on line button, one that page there is a link to the UK distributor.

WARNING!!! The new clear topped ones are HUGE!!!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thanks for the warning James, but it’s a couple of days late!

Yes they are substantially bigger and I’m not sure I understand why, but I still like ‘em!

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Mine arrived today, and it is most definatly huge! To be honest, im not particularly impressed with it.

Andy, the sheath is indeed too small for the Humvee model, so if you want it for your original model, just PM me your address and its yours.

mojo

T

theorsmeister

I know its not that small and light, but I got a Lucido Cool Light C10
Best torch ever!!
10 leds last for five years solid

3 Dcell batts last for a solid month of usage, i can almost vouch for that, having not changed the battery in about two years.

Water resistant, not fully but i've dropped it in puddles by accident.

Dropped it on concrete a few times (I'm clumsy) and it works good as ever, doesnt flicker a bit.

Also the grip it good, lanyard hole too.

The flood beam can reach for a few hundred metres, thats right!!

And it lights up all around u in a forest in an eerie pure bluey white.

Its the best and for £50 well worth the investment!!!

Hope that helps, u may have one tho!!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi All,

Just an update.

If anyone remembers this little thread, you might recall that Pal Light offered me a free example of one of their new torches, when they were launched later in the year. I took it as a nice gesture, but assumed I wouldn’t hear anymore about it.

The day after Boxing Day I received:-

Dear Andy,

As promised, we will be shipping you a sample in the next few weeks of our new palm flashlight that we believe is an improvement over the existing PALight is several ways although has the wide spread bean instead of the narrow long distance one that some do prefer.

Please let us have your feedback which helps us enormously.

With best wishes,

James (Meyer)
Executive Manager
Safe-Light Industries, LLC. U.S.A.
Safe-Light Industries (Europe) Ltd.

PAL LIGHT = NICE PEOPLE!

AJB

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
Yeah I love petzl head torches I have a duo, tikka plus,tac tikka,tikka xp and a mini.
Just a shame I've only got one head! :)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
redflex said:
Just been giving torch anyone know name of it?

got pic but dont know how to post it.

The torch is about 3 inches long, it has 12 LED mounted in lines a silver circle.

takes 4 aaa

any ideas

Could be anything.

If you want to post a picture open a free account with an image hosting company like www.photobucket.com. Upload your picture to it. Then cut and paste the link that they provide into your post. (The link will have some tags in it.)

The site has full easy to understand instructions to get you started.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
I was a maglight man through and through until I discovered INOVA at a mountain rescue exhibition.

I now have an X5 - smaller than a mini mag, as powerful as a big mag, long lasting, waterproof, crushproof........... etc etc

should have been £50 but I got it in a sale for £35 :D

Dom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE