Torch fetish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Listen Greywolf (if that is your real name), I’ve just had to chastise Buckshot in the edged tools forum for making me laugh out loud. I’m in an office full of boring Muppets who are now all looking at me, unfamiliar with the noise I just made!

This has to stop

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Then I had better not mention I have a £3 penknife then? with real wood effect plastic that I got from the NAAFI when drunk :D

Greywolf

Erm... I also have had an angle torch til I ran over it in the car... and I had a AA maglite til some toerag decided it was theirs (just to keep in the topic ;) )

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
So that would be real wood effect plastic as apposed to fake wood effect plastic. Oh, and thanks for the Maglite.

Yes I ordered another Palight too. I’ve got the normal one, which is brilliant; my only observation is that the beam is a little narrow for walking with it. I had made a little diffuser for the lens to turn it into a lamp, which is what they seem to have done with the new ones.

I can’t remember what the non-humvee one was called, I assumed it was identical just not branded, but I wasn’t sure. Plus I like the fact it comes with a belt clip and magnet at no extra charge. If you buy it from the site they are about £10 cheaper than the basic ones on other site.

To buy, If you go to the where to by page, at the bottom there is a buy on line button, one that page there is a link to the UK distributor.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Got it Thanks. :eek: I had done it the other way, buy first then clicked on uk bit.

I like the idea of the always on light, if the kids are camping I usually put a chemical light in the tent for them but it looks like this might be better(and cheaper!)

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Andy Brierley said:
I would be interested to here a review of the Humvee version when they arrive.

I'll do that. I ordered a belt sheath too, but looking at it now, it looks like it may only fit the original and not the Humvee :confused: If thats the case, I'll send it to you for your original Andy!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
When ordering my new Palight, I asked a question about what was included. I received a really nice email straight back that fully answered it. So, as someone you just can’t shut up, I replied telling them how much I liked their product and how impressed I was with their service, AND that I had posted this thread and that a lot of you had been impressed too and were considering buying torches.

This morning I received this:-

Hi Andy,

When we got your order we did not think we would get a great salesman with it! Thank you very much.

We have a new flashlight coming out in a few months time ~ same palm-size, powerful light, long battery life criteria (cannot tell you more at this stage as still under wraps) but we believe an improvement over the existing flashlight. I will send you a free one for you to evaluate when we get them ~ probably around October.

Thanks for the good words, and yes, we have seen an order or two coming in.

With best wishes,

James (Meyer)
Executive Manager
Safe-Light Industries (Europe) Ltd.
Ashmount, Ewhurst Green
Surrey GU6 7RR
United Kingdom

They are NICE PEOPLE, WITH A GOOD PRODUCT

And no I don’t work for them!

AJB

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Good job I didn't read this thread or I might have; a) been in danger of torch/flashlight envy and b) buying another torch :D .

Hmm, where did Mrs Rebel hide my credit card anyway :( :D .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE