Topknot quiver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
After my last post I thought I would also share the latest piece topknot has made for me - a quiver to complete my field archery set-up. The quiver matches the other pieces in being decorated in basket-work and celtic knot-work. I think it is a masterpiece. The credit is of course all his.

DSC_0031.jpg

Here's is the full field archery set up - all leatherwork by topknot

DSC_0039.jpg

For those who are interested, that is a bowtec Thunderbolt by Dave Folwell and the arrows - I made myself ! (so I suppose this post has some right to be on the DIY page).

NS

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Topknot has been kind enough to make me a number of things over the years. That set though is truly a masterpiece!

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Beautiful leatherwork. Sweet setup for archery. Is that a stag handle knive sticking up too? Does the quiver include the sheath? Lucky to have such a nice belt kit! It is a one of a kind!

Gordy

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
In the bottle holder is a Nalgene bottle for long hot shoots (my local course has 42 targets and takes 2-3 hours). It also fits a small flask for long cold shoots ! In the pouch is a basic first aid kit (easy to cut yourself digging arrows out of trees as I discovered - amazing how a small nick can put you off the rest of the round), a multi-tool with pliers for digging arrows out of trees or repairing them, and a compass (surprisingly easy to get lost on a long forest course). The knife-like sheath you see is actually holding a chisel. I find a chisel far more effective than a knife in extracting arrows. I use to carry an F1 knife for this purpose actually managed to break the tip off, which was pretty disappointing to say the least. The pouches on the quiver hold my shooting glove, an arrow gripper and a whistle on a lanyard (mandatory for NFAS shoots). The antler handled object peeking out of the quiver isn't a knife but is actually an arrow rake - used for raking through undergrowth on very frequent occasions.

I will take some more pictures in due course

@Waldganger - this is Bowtec bows, a small UK company run by Dave Folwell, not Bowtech the big US manufacturer of (principally I think) compounds. I believe Dave has stopped making now so people are hurrying to buy up what stock he has. I got lucky with this one - Cocobolo and bamboo with English Yew laminations over the top.

NS

Last edited:

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Masterpiece.. that definitely sums it up perfectly :Wow:

Does Andy ever sleep :D.

Lost some sleep over the stitching up of the body of the quiver. On top of the quiver is two rows of saddle stitching, it was alright to start with then it got smaller and smaller towards the 3"diameter bottom.

Looks better with the arrows inplace. The quiver was made from a drawing with the sizes on.

Thanks guy's for all the good comments.

Cheers Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE