TO ALL MY GOOD FRIENDS HERE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Dear All
Many thanks for all your "friend requests" on Facebook.
Normally I do no use Facebook.
Actually - I loathe Facebook!
I only went on to nick some of Georges photos from the Moot of me as Prepper Pig, to show the Ty Hafan people how I raised the £700'00 for them.
Other than nicking photos taken at the Moot I will not be using Facebook so I will no be accepting most of your "Friend Requests".
PLEASE DO NOT THINK THAT i AM REFUSING YOUR FRIENDSHIP IF i DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR FRIEND REQUESTS!
I value the friendships I have made here and at the Moot.
I just despise Facebook.
Now you can continue plotting and whispering behind my back on FB without me eavesdropping!
Ta for the photos George - the Ty Hafan folks loved them :)
Cheers
John

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Facebook is not so bad, like most things it depends how you choose to use it. I am a member of numerous Facebook Bushcraft groups which I find pretty helpful in terms of advise. Of course you get bad groups and the "I know everything" users (like most wild camping groups) but if you find the right groups it's a decent resource.

The groups are not too different from forums like this one in that it's all about the moderators. If the moderators keep out the trouble makers and keep everything on topic then I don't see the problem.

I've also made friends on there which I have met up with at Bushcraft shows like the recent Great Outdoors Festival. Funnily enough a lot of them are also members of this forum but just choose not to post here much.

Forums are not really designed for mobile devices which is why people prefer to use things like Facebook to keep in touch as it's easy on mobiles which everyone has and it's always to hand.

Reactions: Herman30

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE