Fenna and Facebook

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - yes I am on Facebook
BUT
Facebook and Fenna are not compatible.
I was forced to go on and do not like it much.
I am Billy-No - Mates ... I do not accept Friend Requests.
If you have tried to Friend me on FB and I have not accepted your request, do not feel slighted, rather enjoy the Kudos of being in the "In Crowd" of folk I have not accepted as FB Friends.
I will still be your friend here and in real life.
If you want to send me clips/photos/insults then post them here, or ( if private) PM them to me.
I am interested, I am not spurning you, I want to be your friend.
Just not on Facebook!

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I congratulate you Sir!
Real friendships , not Facebook ...
Too many people just collect pictures like trophies...
Most of people I speak to , wish they never opened a page...

I agree that in some instances , its a tool , useful to keep in touch and communicate with long distance relations and friends, and also to buy , sell, trade in the community.
And even to spread word of something happening immediately .
I accept all those points as valid ones , but I personally find it repulsive , and each to their own , but ive never had a Facebook page and never will.
This forum and just another forum are the only social media I've ever used and I intend to keep it that way too...

I have enough friends , actually pretty lucky and grateful for having lots of really good friends !

So , well done to you for being honest and firm in your convictions despite having a page...
🙏

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Well John i'm sorry to say but you've just gotten yourself banned from the list of real people i interact with on the internet, now you're a Facebooker you're out of the club .... that you never opted to be in ... or was aware even existed :rolleyes:

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
There are people who still use e-mail!?

its still the ubiquitous form, ive had people say " why didnt you reply to my whatsapp/facebook etc" too many different systems
i use viber with my other half and father, email for rest of world, txt messages to people with dumbphones

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
its still the ubiquitous form, ive had people say " why didnt you reply to my whatsapp/facebook etc" too many different systems
i use viber with my other half and father, email for rest of world, txt messages to people with dumbphones

Yeah the Txt messages seem to be what supplanted e-mail the most with the other social media being second. Most people I know rarely even check their e-mails anymore unless expecting something because of the overwhelming spam (Hard to believe but it's worse than Facebook)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Yeah the Txt messages seem to be what supplanted e-mail the most with the other social media being second. Most people I know rarely even check their e-mails anymore unless expecting something because of the overwhelming spam (Hard to believe but it's worse than Facebook)

I have been working as a network engineer for the past 20 years and I still don't have a Facebook account, likely because I have been in IT so long that i don't have or want one :)

Folk are amazed that i don't partake, I get the same look when I tel them I don't do football either.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, Mr Fenna, and here I was thinking you was one of the Cool guys.

I refuse to have anything to do with social media...But then I am a Tengu...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE