Titanium, should i, shouldn't i

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I am a Ti junkie so I'm biased. But i got a Life venture Titanium mug in Blacks (Bristol) yesterday for £9.50 reduced from £17. Two left on the shelf of your interested.

Just seen this! I saw a couple in Blacks in Liverpool the other weekend and walked away!!!!!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
This week I bought a vargo decagon stove,I've been playing with it in the garden and as a solo cooker it works really well.
At first I thought it wouldn't hole enough fuel to boil a mug of water but after a few trials it will boil 1 litre on one fill.I didn't bother to time it because I've never thought to myself "This is a bit slow so I won't bother".
The stove is extremely light and easy to use,it's very stable as it's so close to the ground but it does need a windsheild to get the best out of it.It fits neatly in the bottom of an MSR titan kettle along with Ti folding spork,Ti mug and a firesteel and striker.My cook kit now weighs 250g!!!!
and hasn't been compromised in any way.I can still boil water and cook the same as with a gas stove just a bit slower but easier to pack and carry.
I'm just waiting for the 7 inch Ti frying pan that I ordered to arrive and my cook kit is complete so hopefully I won't need any more Ti kit.

Mind you ,that evernew stove does look nice.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Just bought the Evernew 600ml pan for cooking fry ups (and the twin egg carrier of course :lmao:)

Now i need to get a snow peak 900 for my SP 700. Not too fussed about the stoves even though they look pretty gucci :rolleyes:

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Want some for the kitchen but not camping out!

Can't beat a cast iron griddle ...
100_1297.jpg

Simon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lol, whilst checking out dutch ovens on ebay I came across an 8" skillet for under £12 delivered so I couldn't resist.

The irony is I'll probably be cooking with it over my titanium Yukon stove :bigok:

Last edited:

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Lol, whilst checking out dutch ovens on ebay I came across an 8" skillet for under £12 delivered so I couldn't resist.

The irony is I'll probably be cooking with it over my titanium Nomad stove :bigok:

Nomad........must resist,must resist.OH! NO no willpower order being placed later this week.

Thanks Shewie,now the wife is going spare.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
How does it compare to the honey stove Shewie?

HOW MUCH POSTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok i've just read it properly otherwise £46 for a titanium Nomad and then £48 p&p is a bit daft!

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

Ok i've just read it properly otherwise £46 for a titanium Nomad and then £48 p&p is a bit daft!

Yup got me too,Ireally should read carefully.

Oops I forgot Chris had emigrated to Canada now sorry. He was selling them on SOTP before he moved, I think postage was included when I got mine

Last edited:

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
It looks like the price includes postage.I hope it does,if not then it's out of reach for me I'm afraid.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It looks like the price includes postage.I hope it does,if not then it's out of reach for me I'm afraid.

Ahh yeah, well spotted.

That's a good price including postage from Winnipeg, I think I paid £90 all in for my Yukon so it's only a couple of quid more now.

skaus84

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 15, 2008
Liverpool UK
What sort of food do you guys cook in your Ti pots? Is there a noticable difference between the cooking times / temperatures between Ti and Ali / steel?

The reason I ask is I assume that unless you used a lower heat you would risk burning the food you are cooking, considering the potential difference in the metals ability to transfer heat. This question might not quite make sense, but I cannot think of the exact terminology that I should be using!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE