This is bugging me

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Nothing at all to do with Bushcraft but this is driving me mad. Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

ATB....Stu

How Smart Is Your Right Foot?
This is so funny that it will boggle your mind. And, you will keep
trying it at least 50 more times to see if you can outsmart your foot.
But you can't!

1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and
make clockwise circles with it.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your
right hand. Your foot will change direction!

I told you so. And there is nothing you can do about it. Make sure
you pass this on to your friends...They won't be able to do it
either!

:lmao: :D

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Haha. I concentrated very hard on making the foot stay clockwise. Got it for a while, thought "ha! I've outsmarted you, foot!", then realised it had changed direction sneakily.

[edit] after practice, I've cracked it!

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Jon Pickett said:
Ha ha ha, its true.......

Not quite true, I can do it.

Highlight the hidden line below only if you want to know how to do it easily ( to save spoiling it for others do not include that line in and reply )

=>Start writing your "6" in the oppersite way that you tried when you couldn't do it ;)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I just did it and it didn't change direction...It depends where you start your 6 from...I started in the middle, but when I tried it from the top it changed...There was someone on "Record Breakers" who could write with both hands and both feet simultaneously...But the right hand wrote left to right (forward writing) the left hand wrote from right to left (backwards writting) the right foot wrote upside down from left to right and the left foot wrote upside down and from right to left...Scary just thinking about it.

LS

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Tried it, in the name of science of course:eek: it just does what it wants the disobediant foot :lmao: Tried it with the left foot, left hand, same result!! And we think we're in control :dunno:

fredcraft

Nomad
Jan 26, 2007
Quebec
Maybe some people have it and some people don't. :dunno:

For instance, can you raise a single brow at a time ?
Can you split your fingers to have a pattern of V with 2 fingers on each side, or a more tricky one, keep only the 2 middle fingers together as the other are spread(and being able to move them independantly) ?
Can you move your ears alone ??

Yep.....great physical feats :rolleyes: :D

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I can do the finger thing...but the Roger Moore eyebrow is a negative and my ears are to big to move independently, do them together and I can flyyyyy

LS

Axe Catcher

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
The Wilds of Stratford-upon-Avon!
fredcraft said:
Maybe some people have it and some people don't. :dunno:

For instance, can you raise a single brow at a time ?
Can you split your fingers to have a pattern of V with 2 fingers on each side, or a more tricky one, keep only the 2 middle fingers together as the other are spread(and being able to move them independantly) ?
Can you move your ears alone ??

Yep.....great physical feats :rolleyes: :D

:) I can do all but the ear wiggling, also roll my tongue, lick my own nose (and chin) rub my head and pat my tummy (or vice versa at will). The foot thing took a bit of practise, but I can do that now as well. Interestingly, my dad can wigle his ears independantly of each other, turn his eyelids inside out and pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch without turning a hair. :lmao:

AC x

Butchd

Forager
Feb 20, 2007
Surrey
If you are going to be wiggling then you need to add twitching your nostrils and moving your scalp/ hair (if you can do the ears, you should be able to do this). But these are different to the hand foot thing as it's a matter of getting control of the individual muscles, whereas I think we can all move hands and feet, so it's a matter of the brain needing to be retrained not to operate as a pair.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I can do the hand "V" thing, wiggle both ears at the same time but not individually and the scalp thing. If I do the clockwise right foot I can right the number 6 with my right hand if I do the circular part of the 6 first. :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE