Tools at the heart of the home/homestead - power tools!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I too have wondered what will happen to the national grid at teatime on a working day when the majority of cars are electric.

On that point - is there any indication that the larger agricultural and construction machinery are going to be electric? Battery powered tractors? Battery powered rotorvators? Battery powered hoists and stirs? Etc etc.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The estimate of greenhouse gas emissions from ICE powered agricultural machinery is between 5 and 10% of all sources. I cannot see that it will be allowed to continue in that way. The use very inefficient equipment, both on the land and on the road, is encouraged by the pricing of red diesel. Change that and farmers will stop buying 'my tractor is bigger than your tractor' type equipment :)

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I too have wondered what will happen to the national grid at teatime on a working day when the majority of cars are electric.

On that point - is there any indication that the larger agricultural and construction machinery are going to be electric? Battery powered tractors? Battery powered rotorvators? Battery powered hoists and stirs? Etc etc.

Not sure about battery power. JCB seem to be making ground in terms of hydrogen though.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
I’ve used all the different makes for both maintenance and grounds work. For cordless I’d go with Husqvarna for grounds and Makita for maintenance.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I go for Ryobi, same battery size for years now, get 20 year power tool, the battery will fit, that cannot be said for the other leading makes. Reason I started, on site, no one else had one and reduce the likely hood of spare batteries going missing and yet it still happened !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE