Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Ok all i have pictures of the one we have and would like to add them but not sure how yet i will edit if i can .

The Vacuum sealer is a god send , we had purchased a cheap one many years ago and sealed loads of food and when we opened the buckets found most had popped the seals so lost the food so we went for one that cost a fair bit more but got a great deal , this machine turns food in to lethal weapons shall i say a 1.5kg bag of porridge that if it fell on your foot would make you hop.

The machine has many functions and ours is the one that you can attach cannisters to as well and if you open a jar of vacuum sealed jam say you can pop the jar in the cannister lids just tight and then vacuum it and the lid pops back down then take it out twist a lkittle and it is aitr tight again , we love this machine it is as said a god send , if you are serious about bushcraft/prepping then thisis a must we are vacuum sealing porridge portion right now 10 flavours in a vacuumed bag and these are air tight so if you go bush you can take a meal sealed and know it will be fresh , we have also done powdered egg in 10 serving portion again sealed in mylar bags with a zip top once open you can get the portion then zip seal , the vacuum sealer has made it a pleasure to do we are not making 120 portion buckets of single serve porridge in flavours and also 120 protions of egg in a 17 lt sq bucket how cool and compare wo what you order fro mthe companies these are so so cheap , they charge hundreds we are paying £5 for the bucket and the content will be may be max £15 so a huge breakfast bucket , now is the time to do this because with the Ukraine flooding and farmers saying we are going to have less to harvest get ahead of the game .

The Foodsaver we have is

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
A little follow on to the foodsaver , it is the best vacuum sealer we have ever had and we had a couple before this one ,i will save we used some of the cheaper rolls of bags we had for the older machine and these punctured with the foodsaver it sucked the product so tight the thin bags had little holes so i will say if you use a good quality sealer like the foodsaver you must use good quality bags we found the bags on bargain fox great prices on the bigger rolls so we went for the bigger rolls just make smaller bags job done .

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Ok just wondering how many use a food vacuum to make their own dehydrated meals for out in the field , ie some rice in a pouch with some dehydrated veggies in to a mess tin with boiling water and simmer then drain and then some you got to have this in the field SPAM chooped very small fried off them throw in the mess tin a pinch of salt and pepper or some herbage of choice again you can carry small pounchs of dried herbs to add extra flavour to a meal , why should campfire cfood be looked at as bland i think these days anything is possible .

The reason i ask we just finihs doing 6 more buckets of pasta andrice buackets with slat and pepper and herbs in pouchs in the buclkets and we also have done some breakfast buckets from porridge with many dehydrated fruits in pouches to powdered egg and again herbs in the bucket and well we love to be ready

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
We use a vacuum sealer for venison (I get a couple of whole deer a year) but we do use the reusable bags, as we just can’t justify the waste. They work great though.
Hi do you mean the type with the valve on the bag , if so can i ask what brand you use we tried some once and found them terrible none of the vavles seem to hold the seal , i know the wife loves the giant size ones for bedding and the sleeping bags once they are cleaned they get bagged up until needed , same with extra clothes and stuff like that .
We love the foodsaver we had a cheap model for years but this thing is so easy to use and a pleasure to do the what we use to call a chore before , but now i make the bags off the large rolls and the wife shots out the sizes i also now double seal the bags for extra seal as some stuff goes in the freezer like fish and has flavoured butters in just pop in boiling water and away you go , we are learning more and more on other ideas sinc joining here we mainly classed outselves people who were ready as ithe term prepper gets funny looks .

We are now reading more bushcrafting books these days to look at ways to keep food when on the move that can be thrown in a pot of boiling water , i know there are huge ranges of the what we call army ration packs but while yes at a push they are good but we also like to know whats in our food , we do stock freeze dried packs because long term well whne the shops had no eggs i still had the powdered egg for scrambled and omelletes and baking cakes .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE