this is a stove i made with spit etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
hi turbogirl,had a quick look there,THANX i think the first one is not ovens its stoves, i need to get the inside temp not the outside for baking the second link is a surface mounted one too and very posh i copied this( Elegant European styling designed to complement the finest stoves. Glossy finish in black porcelain enamel. Displays Fahrenheit scale in real 17-carat gold.)again thanx alot:)

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Some very cool stuff on here! I'm very impressed.

The only question I have really is - Can I have that Anvil?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Working Dog, There are oven thermometers that sit inside the oven available cheaply - I use one inside my Esse

$(KGrHqV,!oUE8VqItkp3BPQj0ozvy!~~60_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRANNAN-C...pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item35b9c37144

Red

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
just out of interest (and me being bored at the moment)i looked up the price to post the anvil to dorset with parcelforce.if you wanted it next day it was £233.33 plus vat.

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
hi british red:thanx ut the oven i want to build wont have glass so i dont want to be opening the door to see the temp?i am not a cook but i think that bread goes flat ad sinks if you open the door,
URBAN X.i have one of those temp probes but the temp gauge does not go high enough,again thanx.what im looking for you drill a hole in the door or side of the oven and a probe goes inside from the guage.

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
im looking through mrs workingdogs book (we like the old school types of bread)oven temp for normal loaf white is gas mark8 or 230celsius=450f its gonna be trail and error anyway i think,but i can imagine the smell of freshly spit roasted chicken,with fire baked potatoes,greenbeans,and then the freshly baked smell of a small (woodsmoked)loaf of bread.:p

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
You'll be fine with 190C/375F for a rich dough, a lean dough will be a bit higher upto 220C/425F depends what heat your oven will achieve and how you want your crust? :D

I missed the point of the oven sorry, it's early, your max temp really will be 230C/450F as you say for a hard crust white loaf what you're after is a bakers thermometer then doh. :D

How about this one it does from 112 to 572F ?

http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Industries-OT-3-Bakers-Thermometer/dp/B0013JSU0O

Gotta be honest I normally just get the oven up to ramming speed, chuck the loaf in and forget about it till it's done but opening the door for a quick peek at the temp won't deflate your loaf. ;)

Si

Last edited:

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
My grandad had a load of those old weights and some of the shoe wotsits, pretty sure they're still in the back shed at my Mum's old house, a small anvil too but not the size of that beast lmao.

Is that a watering can far left centre of frame?

Si

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
not another woodstove???
CIMG0033.jpg
[/IMG]this one is a jotul stove the flue goes through the wall and into an old compressor tank that i made into a smoker,great for fish,bacon,sausages,etc

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE