this is a stove i made with spit etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
CIMG2560.jpg
[/IMG]

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
hello urban x,thanx for that managed a pic.this i made from a gas bottle,it all comes apart and goes into the red box you can see in the pic,it as a choke on the top of the flue and the ring on top is to stand the kettle on.i will post a few more pis when i have time,cheers

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
That's really nice, I like it.

Always preferred gas bottle stoves when they are laid down flat instead of upright and the spit looks great.

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
i make these paper bricks and burn them in the (scorpion)stove.(just a name i gave it because of the shape)and if i need wood i have made a saw for that too
paperbrick.jpg
[/IMG]the press i made for the bricks is a lot better than the small metal ones (blisters on hand type) and a lot less effort too.
saw.jpg
[/IMG]
paperpress.jpg
[/IMG]

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
some really impressive DIY there, that stove looks fantastic. i presume that the top plate is detachable/interchangeable is it? ie one for the griddle one for the spit?

and i have to ask, why four bolts on the press when there's only two tabs on the tube?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stunning stove - I'm really impressed - you could easily sell that!!! It is far superior to most that I've seen

workingdog

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
northwest uk
in answer to your first question,yes the plate lifts off for the spit,i put spuds inside in tinfoil and a tin of veg on the hot plate near the flue,a chicken(duck, rabbit) on the spit,and the kettle on top of the flue,dinner served!!!!second question.two of the bolts have collets on what happens is i put the tube on the lower bolts (against the base plate)first to press all the water from the paper.then lift press and turn the tube to the higher collets(second pair of bolts)to push the paper brick out of the bottom of the tube.hope this helps.thanx,workingdog

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
in answer to your first question,yes the plate lifts off for the spit,i put spuds inside in tinfoil and a tin of veg on the hot plate near the flue,a chicken(duck, rabbit) on the spit,and the kettle on top of the flue,dinner served!!!!second question.two of the bolts have collets on what happens is i put the tube on the lower bolts (against the base plate)first to press all the water from the paper.then lift press and turn the tube to the higher collets(second pair of bolts)to push the paper brick out of the bottom of the tube.hope this helps.thanx,workingdog

cheers for that mate :) i'd spotted the collets but not realised that they're at different heights, neat idea

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
That is an awesome stove, a work of art.

I did wonder at the thread title though.

"Spit"? He's used spit???

Doesn't he know that's gonny evaporate? :D

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE