Things you had to have...but sold

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Have you ever drooled over that perfect whatever and then turned around and sold it later because it just didn't do it for you?
It happens to me more often than I like:eek:
The latest two examples are knives. I've just sold my Spyderco Bushcraft G10. I thought it was perfect when I bought it but since have decided not. Beautiful knife, perfect handle, yes, but I just didn't get along with the blade.
I also have sold my Enzo Trapper. I liked the blade well enough but the handle just didn't feel right.:rolleyes:
We live in a world of too many choices:D
So, let's hear it folks, if you please....:)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
two small tarps one cos the first one ripped and couldnt repair it at the time Could now but thats another thing and the second cos i baught a bigger one and i am now going to by a smaller one just to use as a storage tarp along side my big one

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
My Shing knife and a couple of others i now regret flogging off, but also a couple of cheap Winchester knives, yeah, i know they are not the best and a couple of mora 760's that i foolishly gave away to people who i "thought" were a lot harder up than me at the time (but later found out they were not) and not one of them had the manners to say "thanks" and yes a couple of them were former members of this site.

deepforest2501

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2007
Northern Ireland
another vote for ventile, had the a hilltrek jacket,it was like cardboard, don't care how good people say it is, it was just not for me. Starting to think my hammock is there too, much prefer sleeping on the ground. Hammock /tarp rigs take up as much room in my pack and don't protect me from the famous Irish horizontal rain.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
My list is very long ,so I'll just add to the thread now and again.
I think the worst thing I ever bought ,but had to have was the hammock cocoon in the BCUK group buy.Not decrying the thing here by the way .It seemed to be the exact thing I was looking for,it was the right pack size and weight ,it was even the right pack shape,the right colour everything about it was perfect.Almost.It just didn't keep me warm,no matter what I tried it was always cold.Lots of other people still have them and enjoy them so it's probably just me.
Another was the berghaus centurio,delivered on Thursday and sold on by Friday.Just too short in the back.

The holy grail of knives,A ray mears wilkinson sword knife,sold on within 2 weeks,just too uncomfortable for me.

The list goes on.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Sabre 75. Too short in the back for me. Shame really as it was a very good rucksack. I have a lowe alpine sting now and thats going to go the same way i think. Just that bit too short.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Gransfors Bruks small splitting axe. Whilst it worked well, the SFA is much more versitile and not too bad at splitting either. I think I kept it for a week. I would have one again if money wasn't an issue, but as it is the SFA gets my vote.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Bought a Falkniven f1, but the handle wasn't comfortable for me so I swapped it on. The otherone was a snugpak response pak. It just couldn't hold what I wanted to at the time and i didn't like the way it sat on my waist with the belt

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Snugpak Rocketpak, looked great but really uncomfortable I just couldn't use it. Sold and got a Sabre instead. I wish I had spent the money on the Sabre in the first place.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
My first wife , then again i'm still married to her as i can't find a buyer !

I had a Survival aids New Zealand SAS hooped bivi tent ,good size and only weighed 900grams. Sold it a couple of years back when i was skint .
Also had a Robert saunders Jetpacker tent http://www.robertsaunders.co.uk/pages/frame.html . Again sold it when skint . It was my first tent for backpacking and weighed only 1.4Kg , not a bad weight for 25 years ago . I might be tempted to buy another one some day .

Craig.............

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Discovery 169 canoe. It was actually a great canoe but after i got it I just didn't canoe enough to warrant keeping it.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Where to start!

DD Travel Hammock, great 1st time out, sweaty back after that, sold on.

Sabre 75, great bombproof pack, but too heavy and not enough compartments.

RM possibles pouch, looked great, but in use, I just didn't like it.

Cegga Scandinavian type axe - truly a thing of beauty, but much bigger than I thought it would be :( sold it and bought a Cegga BR hunter :)

I could go on...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE