They're here !!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
It is quite heavy so it is not a tent for long trips (8,5 kg) and it is only a 3-season tent.
I can imagine how crazy it would be to use this in the wintermonths :D

Last edited:
Just dragging up an old thread rather than start a fresh one, as 4 at least already exist on here.

I have at my disposal one of these Tentsile Tents and wondered if anyone would be interested in an honest review? I have no connection to the manufacturer or retailer.

The tent available to me is the first generation with a single skin. The basic principal is used in the second generation except that it has two skins, an inner insect mesh and an outer flysheet.

If interested, is there any areas or details you would like to be reviewed, covered or photographed?

ug54983,1253654679,tumbleweed2.gif

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry mate, after initial reading I'd decided in my head that I didn't want one. Need to have trees at just the right distance, expensive, single skin(condensation) and a pain in the posterior to use/live with. (How do I get my woodburner in there?):eek:

Would be interesting to hear a fresh perspective as I'm always open to having my mind changed, but I'm not sure that you'll be able too. Some folk are bound to have not heard of them as they aren't common, so go and have a play, write it up and see. I'd love to read it.

ATB,
GB.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
With a smoke machine and some flashing lights above and below you could really freak out the UFO spotters with one of these.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Just dragging up an old thread rather than start a fresh one, as 4 at least already exist on here.

I have at my disposal one of these Tentsile Tents and wondered if anyone would be interested in an honest review? I have no connection to the manufacturer or retailer.

The tent available to me is the first generation with a single skin. The basic principal is used in the second generation except that it has two skins, an inner insect mesh and an outer flysheet.

If interested, is there any areas or details you would like to be reviewed, covered or photographed?

I'd suggest coming along to the Bushmoot with this next year and setting it up, I'm sure there would be plenty of interest from a particular concentration of hammockers and other nutty types.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have looked at this thread and that structure and cannot see a single reason why I would want to use one!
PLUS - I have a fear of heights....
I pass :)

I did not ask you to like it John ;) Just give us an honest review. However knowing the same fear of heights I can understand.
Although you could just set it a few feet off the floor.

It would probably be best to take off the ground under the thing incase you needed a wee in the middle of the night, someone walking underneath could get a shock!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I have looked at this thread and that structure and cannot see a single reason why I would want to use one!
PLUS - I have a fear of heights....
I pass OUT ;)

I don't like heights either John, anything over 5'6" scares me which is why a walk with a stoop! ;) Tall women freak me out too.

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I did not ask you to like it John ;) Just give us an honest review. However knowing the same fear of heights I can understand.
Although you could just set it a few feet off the floor.

It would probably be best to take off the ground under the thing in case you needed a wee in the middle of the night, someone walking underneath could get a shock!

I think I'd want it pitched real high to get any fun out of it and with a pole to slide down, preferably a cute one. An electric fence could prevent people walking underneath, then they'd really get a shock, at least it would keep the silly cows out! :p

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
They recommend using an insulated mat to keep hammock bum chills at bay. I follow their facebook group and there have been some great pics posted bu users. They appear to be very well made too

[video=youtube;h4K0SoNpjbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4K0SoNpjbk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE