Thermal imaging cameras. What laws?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

den

Nomad
Jun 13, 2004
Bristol
It’s been almost ten years since I last got my hand on some thermal so I don’t know how much things have changed

Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure just the lens on the Milan thermal camera alone cost 15k, The camera was a chunky lump of junk which drank gas bottles faster than I could down pints and hummed like a church choir. The hand held version which I forget the name was as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

Unless you want to pay the price of a detached house in the country id stick with NVG’s
:)

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Thermals are expensive, and can help locating game, lost animals and people, but are sensitive to hard use, which most good NV gear can cope with. I will post a couple of pics from a couple of weeks ago in NZ bush at nighttime, if you want?

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
den said:
It’s been almost ten years since I last got my hand on some thermal so I don’t know how much things have changed

Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure just the lens on the Milan thermal camera alone cost 15k, The camera was a chunky lump of junk which drank gas bottles faster than I could down pints and hummed like a church choir. The hand held version which I forget the name was as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

Unless you want to pay the price of a detached house in the country id stick with NVG’s
:)

I used Spyglass when in the army. Modern Thermal Imagers don't compare!
Technology has moved on quite a bit.

zackerty said:
Thermals are expensive, and can help locating game, lost animals and people, but are sensitive to hard use, which most good NV gear can cope with.

Our TICs get a real battering, being dragged into buildings hanging around someone's neck, bouncing off door frames and getting covered in crap, roasted and soaked.
They are very robust.

But yes, they are expensive.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
WOW, the video clip on the Talisman site looks superb, far better than any nv equpment i've seen, although at $19.000 it should :lmao:

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Yep, the image from a TIC is quite impressive, I must admit. In the States you can theoretically get reasonable ones for about £4k and good'uns for double that.

Zackerty, I'd love to see the pics if you can-ps, I'm from Christchurch, UK!!!

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Man +-80 m away
man80m.jpg

Pig dog wating for commands...
dog.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE