The best Kukri knives

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Mine was given to me by a very generous Gurkha friend .
What a privilege .
I didn't want to just keep it as a show piece so I decided to take it with me for camp chores, and what an awesome tool it is.

I haven't used the axe or the mora for a while now ...
and I don't really need to imo .
Brilliant tool .
Razor sharp , holds the edge very well and you can beat on it like a rented mule ...

It's very quickly become the only sharp tool I need in camp .

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Feel very lucky to have a Kukri. Its a bit of a pig to sharpen (recently had it done by a Sgt in 2 RGR) and quite heavy, but pretty sure it's the real deal.

Luckily I bought it from 1 RGR shop in Church Crookham (yes I am old) when I was getting the wife's engagement ring made by the Sunar. Only paid about £15 (for the Kukri not the ring).

airborne09

Dec 9, 2016
North East
Moving on over three years now . After a little absence away from knives and khukuris in general , I have resurected my interest in khukuris having looked not only at updated Nepalese khukuri manufacturers but also some newer kids on the block which I think might be quite some competition !
There are two khukuri manufacturers in Nepal who are turning out some pretty amazing products . My personal taste in khukuris are the traditional or Military ones and Im just not into khukuri like objects so I will stick to talking traditional here .
The new kids on the block I am talking about are "Heritage Knives" and "Kailash Blades" , both are doing that little bit extra research on khukuris going as far back as the early 1800s and making some good reproduction items . Not only are they making some lovely historical reproductions but they are now offering oil quenching and better heat treatment on their products which in my opinion make for far better quality khukuris . One other khukuri manufacturer who I must mention even though he has been around since 1992 I think , is "Great Gurkha Khukuri" (GGK) , who is also turning out some excellent products .
This is really an update for anyone thinking about buying a genuine , quality Nepalese made khukuri . Having looked at these companies , I have chosen a particular model I would like , I just havnt made my mind up yet which company to go for .

airborne09

Dec 9, 2016
North East
Thanks Robbi , Ive pulled the trigger on a customised khukuri from GGK and after looking a bit more deeply into Mr Purna Darnal who runs the company as well as being the main blacksmith , I dont think I will have any regrets . He is making quite a name for himself not just with khukuris but also any sword or knife you care to ask him about .

airborne09

Dec 9, 2016
North East
I'll have a look at that.
Yes Robbi , I have now carried out quite a bit of research of GGK and Mr Purna Darnal whs company it is and is himself a very good blacksmith by all his fans and reviews Ive read ,. He is now taking on a lot of customisation work and nothing seems to be a problem for him . I have in fact ordered two khukuris from him and am awaiting completion and delivery . Some of his customisation work on SBG frum is amazing but he has been doing this work for 25 years now , He genuinely seems to give priority to keeping his customers satisfied .

Laurentius

Native
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Apparantly there is a company, I think they are in the USA which has an entire warehouse full of vintage military kukris from an arsenal or something. Sadly the only Kukri I have is something I purchased from a stall in Birmingham's flea market when I was a mere youth, which I think is a text book example of everything wrong with a cheap tourist Kukri. I guess there is no more a standard Kukri than there is a standard Bowie knife, it is a type rather than a fixed pattern. You know one when you see one, but the quality and utility varies.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.