Laws on wild camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Coastal land is an, "It depends", situation.
Which coastal land ? where ? how do you access it ? Much of the coast is adjacent to farmland, in many instances there is no right of access.

Basically there is no Yes or No, answer.

cheers,
Toddy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Councils, bye laws, estates, organisations, private and common land, the short answer is you need to do the homework on the beach you have in mind.

And keep and eye on the tide :)

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Under Sec 50 of the Police Reform Act 2002 it is also an offence not to give your name and address if a constable has reason to believe that a person has been acting, or is acting, in an anti-social manner.

You have to wonder how that works with "You have the right to remain silent", granted you'll be arrested while been given these rights but it does boggle the mind a bit.

Feb 23, 2010
scotland
One way round your problem is to ask the land owner or at an occupied remote dwelling.
Don't ask for a place to camp, ask if there is anywhere you can put your tent up for the night.
I found that stealth camping with my tent in England, it's bright red, is a bit nerve wracking as I was in fear of being told to move on.
I have done a lot of wild camping in Scotland but it's a long way from Lincoln.
Not an answer to the "wild camping" you want but it might be a start.
All the best.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE