'The Outdoors Show' Meet 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
hopefully I'll be there tomorrow, still recovering from a bout of something nasty. thanks mesquite for lending me stuff so I don't have to cart my stuff down on the buses and train ;-)

Taffy63

Forager
May 18, 2009
Vale of Glamorgan
Sorry to mess you about Phil but the misses and me will not be coming I'm afraid. We have both come down with the lurgy, so even the outdoor show looks doubtful.
Have fun everyone and whittle one for me.
Cheers
Nigel

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I hate you all !!

I spent the weekend throwing up, and i thought i was better, I never got to come and apparently Ray Mears was at the show today just walking round, and I reeeeaaaallly would have loved to have seen him...well stared from a distance at him. And I wanted to talk to the guys from the magazine, and I wanted to have a drink with you all, I was looking forward to this meet, Im GUTTED!

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
apparently Ray Mears was at the show today just walking round, and I reeeeaaaallly would have loved to have seen him!

I hope he doesn't bump into Two Dogs. Cliff owes him one and I know he is at the show today.

I can see how that conversation would go...

Eh Ray I slept out in the woods last night. Smell that wood smoke scent that's from the stove that I kept going all night while under canvas and from the fire I cooked tea in using a Dutch Oven. Just one question Ray how was your hotel last night?

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
Cheer guys , thoroughly enjoyed myself , great atmosphere and good to meet some new faces and catch up with mates. Show was slightly disapointing but if you dont go you wont know!
Thanks again ATB Roly

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers everyone for a great camp. My polish laavu with the ammo box stove was a great success and works just like a posh expensive one. Think I'll have to find some more ideas to trade home hade knives for. Nice dry background heat untill I woke as the ground released the heat it absorbed during the evening. Cooked a cracking bannock and brewed some cowboy coffee on the thick steel plate welded to the top. just opened the damper for more heat.

I enjoyed the show and spent most of the time wandering around the bushcraft area.
Spent up now on kit for teaching as there was some good bargins there on the basic kit. Good to see some familiar faces and see some of Ben Orfords lovely knives. The Nordic Outdoor chaps were nice folks to chat to as well, with all their temptations on show!

See you next time round and I'll try to remember all the links I said i'd pass on to folks.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Hi,

Not long back would like to thank decorum again for taking the time and effort for organizing this, and the rest of the people we (andybysea and I) met for making us welcome and at home

It was raining when we arrived and the site was pritty muddy,
4470902404_88d8395933.jpg

Although this didn't stop a few from getting STUCK IN :drive:
4470898290_200d3c46cf.jpg

Only pic i took at the show was on the way out when Andy and I spotted a rather good looking hammock spot with pre-cut wood, maybes next year?
4470899086_fca560a988.jpg

The show wasn't a total let down given the comments I had heard from others we where prepared, although having got the wrong post code for the NEC we did do a bit of a site seeing tour of Birmingham for about an hour, but rushing back to the NEC, so not to miss anything we where a bit disappointed to have walked round it all in about 2hours, although subsequent loops we spotted a few things we had missed and the eco washing up liquid samples came in handy back at camp for washing the billies, windward looked busy on the nordicoutdoor stall, ronniesunshines was only cast iron stuff, although was tempted for a dutch oven after seeing what twodogs and martink9 where knocking up over at their camp. We took on board the natural navigation principles described by tristian gooley at the bushy bit and had no problems on the return navigation to RC.

Dutc oven-less Andy and i where content on a staple diet of chorizo which we had both brought along...
4470121609_dd84e89ef6.jpg

4470120917_d0bfd31161.jpg

Saturday was spent milling around the site and chatting to others
4470901724_29a87e14d4.jpg

There was a fair trade going at the main chute, the amount of blades on display for sale was akin to images i had seen of strathclyde police knife armistice...
4470903062_cf73134483.jpg

John Fenna also was going for the hard sell approach and i succumbed getting a couple of pigeon decoys which im sure where offered as a "guaranteed success!" ;)

Mission Control out the back of the site, Andy Carving a Fire IDOL
4470122149_39b46fd635.jpg

Andy's
4470903676_7a55b65c1e.jpg

Mines, broken leg apparently accidental damage from andy standing(sabotaging) him
4470126605_dd86d43f29.jpg

Wellies where the footwear of choice, this seasons Bushcraft fashion is rolled top as inspired by Miyagii
4470904230_d8d465e67c.jpg

4470904876_2c35b102ee.jpg

Dinner Time
4470906026_9aa62837ca.jpg

4470127769_7fd88c223d.jpg

It was then time to burn the fire idols!
4470130331_1acaff08b7.jpg

Then sit back and have a beer followed by a brew.
4470131085_e48f0ee192.jpg

4470132529_e917dabfdb.jpg

4470131795_f93d8a4cdf.jpg

Thanks again for having us :You_Rock_

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great pics lads and thanks for coming down. Looks like food was the order of the meet for all of us :)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Thanks Decorum for organizing another great event. Had an Bostin' time.

great to meet you all there, and a big shout out to the Naughty Corner :)

Martin, Cliff, Andy, Neil, Addo, Sasquash, Dave, Rich and the all the other I met.

The one pot cooking was awesome :)

Thanks John, woodspirts, steve and preper for the trades and everyone else for making it a great meet. As for the show I got some more kit and stuff and had a good time there even if it was smaller than last year and didn't take that long to get round to see the stuff I wanted to. Got to season my dutch oven now for the next one, and sort my kit out now :( and prep it for the next one.

Thanks Phil for this one.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im on a Chorizo de-tox, bit dissapointed at the show,no real eye catcher's for me,but enjoyed Rough close,good to get amongst the mud and tree's ,rather than sand and rocks. cheers guys.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Another cracking meet cheers Phil,
Thanks to Nordic outdoor for the show tickets made us very welcome , its always good to talk axes ,
Good to see folks it makes it a good meet to me, thank you all.
Twodogs

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks Phil for putting on another meet, and to Steve and Martin for helping make it happen. It was great to meet lots of new faces and catch up with the familiar ones. I'm already looking forward to the next one! Cheers guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE