'The Outdoors Show' Meet 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:lmao: With just a little ove 359 days to go ....

As with the ‘Midlands Outdoors Show Meet March 2009’, once again this Midlands Meet will be held to coincide with The Outdoors Show 2010 . The show sets the date for the weekend as 26 - 28 March 2010 - I'll look into whether we can have the extra day again too :cool: . EDIT:Meet is booked for 25 - 28 March :cool:

Location is Rough Close. This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome.

Site map and Grey scale map

Site fees are £4.40 - please note the information below.

The camp fees will not include entrance to the show!

There's no compunction to go to the show. If you'd like to come along to the Meet and just chill all weekend that's absolutely fine.

Important notice!
Any monies given (by individuals, groups, families etc) which is above the camping fees will be considered to be a donation to Rough Close campsite to aid with site maintenance, site regeneration etc.

Edit (in italics):
Having read the’ Leave no Trace’ thread and to pre-empt possible problems, I feel the need to add:

Forum members are responsible for their own actions at a Meet – if you bring along family (or a friend) then you also accept responsibility for their actions whilst they are on site.

Forum members under the age of 18 are welcome. However, they must be accompanied by at least one parent (or legal guardian).

You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee!

Fees need to be paid. It’s rare, but some people forget.

Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited!

‘Appropriate’ behaviour: The site can, at any time, decline a booking – they can also ask* us (individually or wholly) to leave during the Meet. Be aware that other users of the site might be passing by our pitch at any time of the day or night – I do get feedback!

* i.e. Tell. The site is registered as educational land, there is neither a choice nor an ability to negotiate. Fees would still be owed!

Droppin kit off - The parking bay by the adjacent Guild Field is for the use of those who have booked the field (and/or cabin). If the field/cabin is booked for use then it is a requirement that permission is sought (and given) before you drive down.

Parking - vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park.

Fires – Fire scars reduce the options of where and how we can pitch – ground fires can leave dips in the ground. All traces of where a fire has been need to be properly removed (not dumped elsewhere) and the ground left as close (or better) as possible to it’s natural state.

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:

Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

EDIT:

It's fine if you want to:

be on your own
lie on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over et.c
whittle
practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that :lmao:
practice flora and fauna i.d
so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
decorum
Humpback
Sasquatch

I know this is jumping the gun a bit but I thoroughly enjoyed myself last weekend, put me down for a space please! Cheers Decorum...nothing like taking care of business early! Chad

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Put me down as a possible.....trade opinion (chatting to some exhibitors after the show) is that there may be no show!

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
decorum
Humpback
Sasquatch
Addo

Im up for it. Had a great time last weekend.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
:eek: I take it that the trading over the weekend was ... 'slow' :eek:

The show was the smallest ever in terms of floorspace and number of exhibitors, visitor numbers were down dramatically and several exhibitors made a loss - or so I have been told by a respected source......
The prices paid for even a modest stand are HUGE......
So - some fok will be folowing the trend to "retrench" and not go next year. If too many follow this continuing trend....th show will not be viable for the NEC and will just not happen!

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I went the year before last and it was pretty poor then, definately not worth the drive to Birmingham for. Also, the aggressive marketing practices of one of the regular exhibitors leaves a bad taste in my mouth, so I wont be lining their pockets anymore.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks for the heads-up. It's pretty much what I'd expected - Less money to go around + higher stand rental + Less traders = Less bargains available :( . And lets face it, for most folk, finding a bargain is why most of them go to any show - I was lucky (not as lucky as dr jones though :)censored: - you jammy so and so :lmao: ) and sneaky :D .
I have one or two ideas that I've been contemplating for Meets. I'd intended doing them over a few of the weekends and still may as a way of gauging interest - so even if the show is a no show it should still be good.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
I'm going to try my best to get there. This year coincided with a joint birthday celebration so I couldn't make it :(

Andy2112
Addo
Bootstrap Bob
Decorum
Humpback
MartinK9
Sasquatch

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm in for it. Even if the show doesn't go ahead we can still have a good meet :)

Andy2112
Addo
Bootstrap Bob
Decorum
Humpback
MartinK9
Mesquite
Sasquatch

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
try and keep me away, i sulked all weekend after missing this years, was all for going but in the end had too much stuff happening to attend.

Addo
Andy2112
Aragorn
Bootstrap Bob
Decorum
Humpback
MartinK9
Mesquite
Sasquatch

I didn't go to the show due to the cost of getting in to the bleeding place and also being a bit skint. I took 3 kids to the meet which would of cost quite a bit and not forgetting the carpark fee.

Maybe the show should scale down and be held at rough close Phil?:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE