The most ludicrous "tool" ever?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
196550__87255_thumb.jpg

It really does belong in everyone's pack ;) Details here and bigger picture here.

I wont hold my breath for all the cheap GB axes and leathermans to appear in the classifieds.

Cheers
Tom

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Brilliant, imagine using the phillips head with that axe head on the handle. Or even worse, the saw.... saw a branch whilst at the same time cutting your arm off. Great selling point. What genius came up with that :lmao:

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
so what is sooo wrong with it ??????

no affiliation to this product !!! but i would rather have this in me hand than chewing through a branch !!!! an all that for a tenner !!! a bet if `ray` put his name on it -you would all be falling over to pay £200 for it !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

whats that saying ??? ``a bad craftsman blames his tools ``

shame on you !!!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
so what is sooo wrong with it ??????

no affiliation to this product !!! but i would rather have this in me hand than chewing through a branch !!!! an all that for a tenner !!! a bet if `ray` put his name on it -you would all be falling over to pay £200 for it !!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

whats that saying ??? ``a bad craftsman blames his tools ``

shame on you !!!

Huh :confused:

It's dangerous, ill thought out and highly amusing. If God himself came down and put his name on it, I wouldn't have it for free.

A bad craftsman would possibly not buy that. A good craftsman certainly would not. But I honestly don't see how that has any relevance anyhoo :) I'd rather have a real axe or SAK than chewing through a branch.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Looks OK to me, only a tenner and will make a perfect toffee hammer for when you make bush toffee :)

OK, who's got the first bush toffee recipe?

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
OK, guess who got given one for Christmas?

Actually it's not THAT bad, and no you don't go chopping your arm off when you use any of the other bits as a) the blade is really tiny b) it's supplied really, really blunt c) it's a bit crap.

But I sharpened it up a bit, and can still use it especially as it came supplied with a head cover. You end up holding it like a pistol though with the blade in the palm of your hand as it really is small. Then you can use the rest of the tools no problem. I reckon it's one of those things your gran buys you when she hears you're into bushcraft.

And there's always its American cousin, now this does look dangerous.

multitool1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR1DevKZY-A

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
OK, guess who got given one for Christmas?

Actually it's not THAT bad, and no you don't go chopping your arm off when you use any of the other bits as a) the blade is really tiny b) it's supplied really, really blunt c) it's a bit crap.

But I sharpened it up a bit, and can still use it especially as it came supplied with a head cover. You end up holding it like a pistol though with the blade in the palm of your hand as it really is small. Then you can use the rest of the tools no problem. I reckon it's one of those things your gran buys you when she hears you're into bushcraft.

And there's always its American cousin, now this does look dangerous.

multitool1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR1DevKZY-A

Brilliant. I'm sure my granny would have gotten me one if she was still around. She did buy me one of those godawful chinese SAK copies when I turned 16. Never used, but I still have it, even has my initials on it :lmao:

Alexlebrit

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2009
France
It looks like it could be handy for chopping shallots or parsley
if it was well sharpened. :)

Not bad for garlic either, although I've used it for chopping sticks for woodgas stoves, and a little bit of unsuccessful ice-carving.

My gran knows im into bushcraft, i still got a book token though.

How small?Like the size of a SAK?

Like the axe blade is less than 2 inches across.

It's a gimmick really, but at least it's not dangerous. I'd rather have had the book token though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE