The Island With Bear Grylls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
i do love the BG debates. nice enough bloke, doing what he does cause he's on telly. ill watch this show and see how it gets on. lots of desert island survival shows about though

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I don't see what all the fuss is about with BG, yes he plays up a bit to the cameras to try and make the tv more exciting and does do some stupid things that realistically you just wouldn't do....BUT, at the end of the day you can still tell he knows his sh*t and has climbed Everest etc so credit where credit is due and all that jazz! I personally think this show could end up being like a desert island version of Big brother but nonetheless I still think it is going to be an interesting watch!

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I hear what you're saying, but it's not *that* hard

Yea pice of pi$$ Everest. I once ran up it twice after 3 shredded wheat.

I have a lot of time for BG, I like the positive impact he has in scouting and he has good values in life. TV is TV and there are a whole lot of things on the box that are sensationalised. Sign of the times rather than of the man me thinks

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Yea pice of pi$$ Everest. I once ran up it twice after 3 shredded wheat.

I have a lot of time for BG, I like the positive impact he has in scouting and he has good values in life. TV is TV and there are a whole lot of things on the box that are sensationalised. Sign of the times rather than of the man me thinks

I agree!

I hear what you're saying, but it's not *that* hard

Have you climbed it? Either way I think it's incredibly hard!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've done Everest on a Pogo stick and waited 'till I got back down for my shredded wheat..........Wusses eat first!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I would respect someone who has gone up K2 rather than Everest but Im a snob.

Any how, most mountaineers I know cannot spell K2...

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
Hi Bushcraftsman, I agree with what you are saying BG doe's play up to the cameras but that's his job, but you can't take it away from him as he is trained to escape capture at all costs and survive short term rather than long term as for Everest, I have been away for the last three months to climb Everest until the disaster that saw 16 Sherpas killed by an avalanche, and as you may know all climbing has be cancelled for 2014, as for BG he is the youngest to ever climb Everest which was quite a challenge after breaking his back after a parachute jump that went badly wrong, but I do think the guy is good at what he does regardless of what others may think and I will be watching his latest show to see how 13 guys who as far as we know have had 'No Survival Training'? get on!!! one thing for sure he never gives up!

All the Best

Backpacker

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE