*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Ahhh! So when standing perpendicular to the earths surface, any rotaional velocity initiated by ones bearing points (legs) being transmitted to the body of the compass in an arc results in the compass remaining in a northwards orientation???…surely they should house it in a case so as to allow it freedom of movement… that would hurt your hands otherwise…

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
Ahhh! So when standing perpendicular to the earths surface, any rotaional velocity initiated by ones bearing points (legs) being transmitted to the body of the compass in an arc results in the compass remaining in a northwards orientation???…surely they should house it in a case so as to allow it freedom of movement… that would hurt your hands otherwise…

This is correct. *Scientific response here*

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Morning bump.

Still on offer is logicals mysterious compass that only points north:rolleyes: and a water bottle that has seen better days.

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
No takers for the compass??? Fear not my brave bushcrafters. I shall change to the following, the offer for the compass still stands but i will also offer a utility belt/ bum bag/ waist pouch/ fanny pack as seen bellow.

AA3%20.jpg

If you want it just say, you can have just the one, or even both.
Both great bits of kit and both in great condition.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Got my crayfish trap from Petey, cheers. Cos I've been away the posty had kindly left it at a neighbours.

No takers for the compass??? Fear not my brave bushcrafters. I shall change to the following, the offer for the compass still stands but i will also offer a utility belt/ bum bag/ waist pouch/ fanny pack as seen bellow.

AA3%20.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Books.jpg

Just to say Jenny and friends dropped in on my doormat today :) The little wifey raised an eyebrow when she saw them and wandered off muttering something :rolleyes: :D

Biker you are one talented guy goodjob

Logical's currently offering a Utility belt and a clever compass

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Gerber saw arrived on saturday whilst I was away, great item cheers

Logical's currently offering a Utility belt and a clever compass

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset

AA3%20.jpg

Still up for offer from Logical

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Books.jpg

Just to say Jenny and friends dropped in on my doormat today :) The little wifey raised an eyebrow when she saw them and wandered off muttering something :rolleyes: :D

Biker you are one talented guy goodjob

Hi Mesquite, Thanks for letting me know they got there. Sheesh I posted them Monday week ago. I bet the poor carrier pigeon was knackered hauling them. Hope you like pigeon pie :lmao:

Thanks for the "talented" comments, much appreciated :cool: Hope the missus isn't too miffed, they're not that bad are they?

So once again you ungrateful lot Logical's offering a smart ar$e compass and a utility belt which has more pockets than a pocketry.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hope the missus isn't too miffed, they're not that bad are they?

:lmao::lmao: Not at all... I think she wandered off muttering something about kids and their comics :rolleyes:

Logical's offering a smart ar$e compass and a utility belt which has more pockets than a pocketry.[/

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Morning bump ...

Still on offer, from Logical, is the highlander lensantic marching compass and/or* a utility belt/fanny pack/Bat Belt as seen bellow.

AA3%20.jpg

* You can have just the one, or even both.

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
I'm surprised nobody has gone for the bum bag thing yet. Very handy bit of kit, doesn't weigh much by itself and has a great amount of pockets and zips etc. I'll leave it another few hours then see what else I've got.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I'm surprised nobody has gone for the bum bag thing yet. Very handy bit of kit, doesn't weigh much by itself and has a great amount of pockets and zips etc. I'll leave it another few hours then see what else I've got.
How long is it? Ray or Bear size?

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
Its adjustable to either of the two. The front clip thing can change how long it is.

This will fit even the most corpulent bushcrafter.

Last edited:

Logical

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2010
Scotish Highlands
I'm 54" waist. will it fit?

... Sorry but I don't think so, I measured it and it reaches somewhere between 40"-45" (dodgy measuring)
Nothing someone handy couldn't solve. I imagine it would be easy to fit a new strap or extend this one if necessary.

Still on offer and
Features:
Plastic Quick Release Fastners

Variety of useful Zip Pockets & Pouches

Fully adjustable belt

Pockets ideal for fags, digital camera, money , Phones etc.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Sorry for the delay. My main PC has suffered a blue screen death :( and I've been trying to sort it out

I think this will do nicely :D

A swedish snow smock dyed an emerald green. It didn't take properly so it has a bit of a tie-dye look to the finish which I quite like.
snowsmock-1.jpg

Armpit to armpit measurements are 27"

Smock arrived safe and sound, cheers Steve, ideal for a bit of modding now

Still on offer, from Logical, is the highlander lensantic marching compass and/or* a utility belt/fanny pack/Bat Belt as seen bellow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE