*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

skog

Forager
Aug 9, 2011
wicken
I think if something fails to turn up you've just got to accept that people's lives sometimes get in the way and think to yourselves, "well, thats a few more karma points earned". What goes around comes around. You've done someone a good deed by giving something, sooner or later that kindness will be payed back to you, whether on here or elsewhere.

This is a great thread, let it live on!

Wot he said

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
If we could clear up the backlog of not received, We may get this back on track,what do you all say,sort yourselves out and don't accept anything unless your willing to get your swap sorted and I mean posted as well,fair is fair guys sort it out.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Right, let's try and get things moving.

Spaniel man I'll take the wooden scale blanks please I'll pm you my address.

I will offer a splash proof plastic case with rubber seal and snap closure. Ideal for some fire lighting bits or anything else you want to keep dry.

ahu4ezag.jpg

e2ymepez.jpg

Cheers

Jon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I use one of these for my cotton and Vaseline balls ;)
Stops everything getting messy and stops the balls getting squished

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I believe my "gift" has arrived now?

Has been returned to me once and since then has been waiting to be posted whilst i have been doing Mad shifts lol.

Hope it got there safe and sound in the end?

Dave

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I believe my "gift" has arrived now?

Has been returned to me once and since then has been waiting to be posted whilst i have been doing Mad shifts lol.

Hope it got there safe and sound in the end?

Dave

Arrived a few days ago safe and sound, thank you; it's already been put to good use:) I did send a pm to let you know................

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
These things ebb and flow with the cycles of life, no need to write this thread off just yet. It'll pick up again, or maybe just smoulder along, but whats the problem with that? it's not for anyone's gain, just a swap shop! If you lose out by a few quid here, it'll come back to you somehow if you stay generous of heart.

I trust no one is waiting for anything from me? anything I swapped has been posted long ago, hope they all arrived.

Jim

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
I will get it started again, up for grabs a 45 Ltr desert DPM back pack its the army version of the Karrior SF. I am after tool roll for my sharps

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I will get it started again, up for grabs a 45 Ltr desert DPM back pack its the army version of the Karrior SF. I am after tool roll for my sharps

Nice offer Johnboe but I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way.

What you do is take the current gift that's on offer which is the case being offered by JonE and you then offer a gift up for someone else to take.

You don't offer something asking for something in return, that's what the swap shop section of the forum is for :)

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
I would love to take the backpack...but can't offer up a tool roll.
The whole idea is you offer something, somebody takes it and offers it up to the next person.
It's not a swap shop really.

Shame, it's an excellent offer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Currently on offer from JonE

Right, let's try and get things moving.

Spaniel man I'll take the wooden scale blanks please I'll pm you my address.

I will offer a splash proof plastic case with rubber seal and snap closure. Ideal for some fire lighting bits or anything else you want to keep dry.

ahu4ezag.jpg

e2ymepez.jpg

Cheers

Jon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
bag goes to madgaz, guess you don't want to buy it now!!! pm me your addy and i will get in posted won't be for a week or so as i am away this week teaching

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE