The bright star thats shown up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
On the 27th this month there is a conjunction with venus and the setting cresent moon which will have earthshine illuminating its dark hemisphere.

..just thought you might like to know...

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Who are Zecharia Sitchin and Nancy Lieder ?? ( no i'm not joking.) I've heard the names for the first time on here.

To be honest my intent wasn't to imply that you're one of their cultists, it was a genuinely well-meaning piece of advice.

In the words of the Skeptics Dictionary, Zecharia Sitchin, Immanuel Velikovsky and Erich von Daniken make up the holy trinity of pseudohistorians. You might want to read this:

http://skepdic.com/sitchin.html
Though I've no doubt there are many pages dedicated to explaining why he's a bad one to follow.

The jist is that his claims would make every legitimate scholar in the field wrong in their translations, it would make evolution wrong (or at least, engineered by aliens from nibiru), and also demonstrates a clear lack of awareness of the most basic astronomical facts. In short, he is pretty much the least trustworthy (published) source going as far as science is concerned, and according to the historical community, pretty rubbish in that respect as well. He is your stereotypical conspiracy theorists, believing that either all others in the field are ignorant and he alone is enlightened, or that they are all under the thrall of the evil powers that be, and he alone is immune.

Ok, maybe not the least trustworthy source, and in comes Nancy Lieder! She believes that she is essentially being communicated with telepathically or somethingorother by aliens called Zeta Reticulans. Firstly, she claimed that a planet was gonna zoom by around six years ago and wipe out most life on earth. I for one didn't hear about that happening. She also denied that Hales comet was a comet, and insisted it was an exploding star IIRC. Trust me, it was a comet, I remember it well ;)
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/lieder.html
Also worth reading, and you can check her archives and google archives to see what she's modified in her site to seem cleverer than she is.

Pete

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I've not read the links about the pseudos,but i've long held the believe that humans didn't just 'evolve'.

I think that whatever creatures were here similar to 'us' were engineered or given a 'shot' so to speak that gave us our logical brain as we know it.

Those that did this are the 'God(s)' in my thinking.

And given such a thinking tool were left to our own devices to see what we did with it.

(and what a failure we must be to our 'parents').

Wallenstein
I don't suppose you have any idea what parts of the world one can see Comet Lulin from do you?
I'll do a search later on if I get a chance but thought I'd ask anyway.
Any idea if it's likely to be visible in the region of 53°N and 2°W? (That'd be Manchester-ish then)

Now I just need to hope this sodding bank of cloud will move away - I've not seen a night sky in AGES now. GRRR!

Gunslinger
Thanks for tracking it. I still haven't had a chance to have a look for myself as we're still clouded over here - it's starting to get me down!
It could still be the Death Star though - if the death star was cunningly using Venus to mask it's approach (well, you would, wouldn't you) it would follow the exact same track in, only breaking cover at the last moment to begin its attack run.
So - either Venus or the Death Star.
Haha.

Launditch1
I'm glad you posted that - sounds like something worth going out for.
Now to contact the Met Office and book a clear night, I think they owe me one by now!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
On the 27th this month there is a conjunction with venus and the setting cresent moon which will have earthshine illuminating its dark hemisphere.

..just thought you might like to know...

Thanks for that.

I caught the conjunction of the moon, Venus and Jupiter at the end of December, right at it's peak. It was beautiful.

It was as if Venus was hanging off a string from the tip of the crescent moon while Jupiter was lurking in the back ground. Jupiter could be David Beckham or more likely Chris Paterson ready to punt the ball (Venus) in between the posts to the domain of Hades.

It's dramatic stuff and easy to see how the ancient Greek's interpreted all of this planetary choreography as the movements of the gods.

Here's hoping for a clear night on the 27th.

cheers

Rob :headbang:

Walks with dogs.
It's most definitely not you.

I missed a pretty big meteor shower in Jan thanks to clouds - I was DYING to get out to see that. Not pleased.
I've also been bouncing off the walls wanting to go out the last few days and nothing but cloud - maybe cloud cover is proportional to desire after all.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Walks with dogs.
It's most definitely not you.

I missed a pretty big meteor shower in Jan thanks to clouds - I was DYING to get out to see that. Not pleased.
I've also been bouncing off the walls wanting to go out the last few days and nothing but cloud - maybe cloud cover is proportional to desire after all.

Reality shaped by conciousness. Quantum Physics in it's most frustating form.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
To be honest my intent wasn't to imply that you're one of their cultists, it was a genuinely well-meaning piece of advice.

In the words of the Skeptics Dictionary, Zecharia Sitchin, Immanuel Velikovsky and Erich von Daniken make up the holy trinity of pseudohistorians. You might want to read this:

http://skepdic.com/sitchin.html
Though I've no doubt there are many pages dedicated to explaining why he's a bad one to follow.

The jist is that his claims would make every legitimate scholar in the field wrong in their translations, it would make evolution wrong (or at least, engineered by aliens from nibiru), and also demonstrates a clear lack of awareness of the most basic astronomical facts. In short, he is pretty much the least trustworthy (published) source going as far as science is concerned, and according to the historical community, pretty rubbish in that respect as well. He is your stereotypical conspiracy theorists, believing that either all others in the field are ignorant and he alone is enlightened, or that they are all under the thrall of the evil powers that be, and he alone is immune.

Ok, maybe not the least trustworthy source, and in comes Nancy Lieder! She believes that she is essentially being communicated with telepathically or somethingorother by aliens called Zeta Reticulans. Firstly, she claimed that a planet was gonna zoom by around six years ago and wipe out most life on earth. I for one didn't hear about that happening. She also denied that Hales comet was a comet, and insisted it was an exploding star IIRC. Trust me, it was a comet, I remember it well ;)
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/lieder.html
Also worth reading, and you can check her archives and google archives to see what she's modified in her site to seem cleverer than she is.

Pete

You have PM

Reality shaped by conciousness. Quantum Physics in it's most frustating form.

I'd say it was more likely the string of Lows crossing from Canada, between us and Iceland then on to the Arctic, north of Norway and bringing with them Fronts that roll over us bringing in cloud that stops up against the pennines, but I'm no weather man :p
We're just about to get the 4th or 5th front in quick succession (already feeling the effects of it here) and a couple more to follow in the next 48 hours or so. With luck the High over France might bring us a touch of clear/fine weather after that though but I won't be holding my breath as the charts get less and less accurate the further ahead you look.

The forecast is for clear/cloudy skies tonight so I may well get a peek at the stars.

As for the 27th, though cloud is forecast again - I might have to check the forecast elsewhere and be ready for a bit of a road trip then.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'd say it was more likely the string of Lows crossing from Canada, between us and Iceland then on to the Arctic, north of Norway and bringing with them Fronts that roll over us bringing in cloud that stops up against the pennines, but I'm no weather man :p
We're just about to get the 4th or 5th front in quick succession (already feeling the effects of it here) and a couple more to follow in the next 48 hours or so. With luck the High over France might bring us a touch of clear/fine weather after that though but I won't be holding my breath as the charts get less and less accurate the further ahead you look.

The forecast is for clear/cloudy skies tonight so I may well get a peek at the stars.

As for the 27th, though cloud is forecast again - I might have to check the forecast elsewhere and be ready for a bit of a road trip then.

:) I was not being serious, i forgot the smiley.

We have had it reasonably clear over here so the views of Venus have been good. It can be seen through light cloud cover though.

Haha - the smiley would have been handy.
For a moment I thought it was serious - but that's the risk you run when you talk about tin-foil-hat material in public (I should know - I believe some of the tin-foil-hat material myself! Haha).

You have it clear becase we get all the flippin clouds!!! AAARGH! I need to move. I don't like Manchester ANYWAY!

There's nothing light about our cloud cover either. :(

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Haha - the smiley would have been handy.
For a moment I thought it was serious - but that's the risk you run when you talk about tin-foil-hat material in public (I should know - I believe some of the tin-foil-hat material myself! Haha).

You have it clear becase we get all the flippin clouds!!! AAARGH! I need to move. I don't like Manchester ANYWAY!

There's nothing light about our cloud cover either. :(

:) Sorry about that. Conspiracys are a delicate subject i agree, because they go against the grain of what people percieve as the truth and to admit to believing one you have to then admit that much of what you thought you knew was wrong. Most cannot do this, or refuse to.

I mean it's not like the Govenment would lie to us :rolleyes: :) They are a shining beacon of truth and virtue who have our best interests at heart :D :lmao:

Edit, Has anyone heard of William Cooper the former naval intellegence officer? The guy who was shot dead on his doorstep by the police? He told the public that 9/11 was going to happen before it did then got blown away just after it. He also speaks about other subjects like roswell etc. He knew too much and died trying to get it out. His videos are on you tube. ( he's not another david Icke)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE