The bright star thats shown up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
the act gets Amended every year or so, or when a new law comes in to place that warrents an admendent of the act. this act is on its 73 Amendment as of 2005

I think we will just have to agree to disagree on this matter as absolute proof can not be offered although it can be gained through a knowledge of law and finance and history. It can never be public knowledge though. Too many consequences.

Like many things in history the truth is distorted. Take Pearl Harbour for instance. That was not Japan attacking America off it's own back it was arranged by certain people to get the American war machine off its bottom and making money. Same with the Lusitania in WW1. Churchill swore the boat into the english navy loaded it up with ammo and Americans and made it go wait in an area he knew 2 or 3 U boats were operating.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
The date of the act is posted is 97. How are yours the same? The UK has power over many countries. Well the owners have. Any country who's name starts with United is in fact a corporation. No country can start with "the" just as no name can start with "the"
the act gets Amended every year or so, or when a new law comes in to place that warrents an admendent of the act. this act is on its 73 Amendment as of 2005

This latest Amendment did away with some terms with in the act of Social Security Administration Act 1992 and Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992

Woman (other than Married woman) was changed to Person
Man, was changed to Person
Spouse was changed to Partner/civil partner as was about a half a dozen other now deemed to be ‘pejorative’ terms like husband, wife, widow, widower,

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Like many things in history the truth is distorted. Take Pearl Harbour for instance. That was not Japan attacking America off it's own back it was arranged by certain people to get the American war machine off its bottom and making money. Same with the Lusitania in WW1. Churchill swore the boat into the english navy loaded it up with ammo and Americans and made it go wait in an area he knew 2 or 3 U boats were operating.
Don't forget the moonlandings :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Venus is on a totally different orbit to Earth. Approximately 72% of the distance from the sun of earth's orbit. Venus's year lasts 224.7 earth days. in other words, it takes Venus 224.7 days to complete an orbit of the Sun, but it takes Earth approximately 365 days.

so it orbits approximately 1.62 times faster than earth

If the above is correct, then how can this be Venus if it appears in the sky at the same place at the same time every evening?

How long have you observed it for, and how accurately?
You'd probably find that it appears in a similar place rather than the same.

I have to wonder what else it could possibly be though - there's nothing even close to Venus' magnitude in that part of the sky.

Here's an experiment for you to do this evening...
Assuming I've got the right location for you (I put Addington, Surrey into Google Earth and got a rough Lat&Long for you)

At around 1730hrs look to the SW sky (around 240° from North), Venus will start to appear around 35° up from the horizon.
By 1750hrs to 1800hrs it should be at its full brightness 30° above the horizon in the WSW sky (245° from North).

If you can identify them (look up how online if you want to check this point) It will be just up and to the left of the lower point of the rough triangle made by the constellations Pisces and Andromeda.

It will set around 2045hrs at 280° from North.

Assuming you don't have a compass with you, an easy reference is the point the sun sets, it will go down roughly at 250° from North too - so if you remember that point the rest of the action should be in that part of the sky.

Now, if the thing you've seen does those things or anything even vaguely close it it, it is Venus. There's nothing else even remotely close to it in the sky with a similar brightness.

Have fun!

Oh, I've just had a look on Stellarium again, Venus is visible in the night sky at the moment and has been since late December, it will continue to be visible for about a month more and then it will be "up" in the daytime, so invisible to us in the UK at night.

From its earliest appearance it rose in the night in the SW, after a while it was already up when our skies went dark around sunset so it "appeared" in the sky. It will continue to do so for the next moth (ish).

Each time it appeared over the last month or so it has been slightly higher and slightly further north than the night before, now it will be appearing slightly lower and further north each night.

Hope this helps with your further observation and should confirm even more strongly that it is Venus.

IF it is Venus, and not a Death Star!!!

:D

Of course.
That's a given. ;)

Though... Venus WILL appear there regardless...
...if there's a Death Star it will appear in a different place so you'll see it AND Venus.
That is, unless it is hiding behind Venus, in which case you're still seeing Venus.

So if you only see one really bright thing following that path tonight it is Venus, if it is accompanied by something that's also very bright and similarly visible before the rest of the stars come out we may well be onto a Death Star!

If the second thing has a sort of hole on the side of it TIE Fighters around it and its own theme music it's most certainly the Death Star.
Haha.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
It's brighter than I remember Venus being, but it's in the right place. Maybe the Reptilians are slowly and deliberately moving the Earth closer to the Sun (and therefore closer to Venus too) so that they can take over the planet more easily - come to think of it that would explain a lot :lmao:

andy - probably something to do with the relative positions of the orbits. I've not done much stargazing (doing more and more at the moment) so I dunno how bright it usually is or how much it changes, but that could explain it seeming brighter.

As for the reptilians... I do think that would explain a lot.
I flippin KNEW global warming wasn't caused by man!
Damn those reptilians! Haha.
:lmao:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Unless the Universe looks rather different from W.Yorkshire there's no mystery in what you're seeing, as the more level headed posts have made clear. But then I don't see conspiricies and government cover ups around every corner, simple soul that I am.

i said in an earlier post that i thought it was venus. I was just open to the possibility of something else due to things i had read in the past. I love history, ancient civs etc.

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
It is Venus and is NOT stationary. I drive home in one direction EVERY night, from work. This bright star has moved over the early evening sky over the last few months, from my far left to nearly in front of my field of vision, and although it APPEARS to be in the same place, it isn't!! just moving slowly acros our horizon.

ASLAN

Dec 1, 2008
Co Durham, UK
i said in an earlier post that i thought it was venus. I was just open to the possibility of something else due to things i had read in the past. I love history, ancient civs etc.

100 + posts on what is a non problem that isn't open to a the possibility of another explanation after a few minutes investigation must say something about bushcrafters.

Now if you can explain to me why people like Marmite that would be most interesting. I'm open to the possibility that Marmite lovers are really aliens sustaining themselves awaiting the day they will take over the world.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Now if you can explain to me why people like Marmite that would be most interesting. I'm open to the possibility that Marmite lovers are really aliens sustaining themselves awaiting the day they will take over the world.
I feel the same about football, just what is the point:D

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com

Crap, wev'e been found out.. And our eyes blink from side to side and not top to bottom.. :):)

I feel the same about football, just what is the point:D

Are you gay? (only kidding, each to their own of course ) :):):)

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Are you gay? (only kidding, each to their own of course ) :):):)
Indeed... what better way to spend an afternoon than watching 22 sweaty young men run around in shorts, hugging each other when a goal is scored, and then all popping back to the communal showers afterwards.

Nothing gay about that, no siree, not at all. ;)

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
How long have you observed it for, and how accurately?
You'd probably find that it appears in a similar place rather than the same.

I have to wonder what else it could possibly be though - there's nothing even close to Venus' magnitude in that part of the sky.

Here's an experiment for you to do this evening...
Assuming I've got the right location for you (I put Addington, Surrey into Google Earth and got a rough Lat&Long for you)

At around 1730hrs look to the SW sky (around 240° from North), Venus will start to appear around 35° up from the horizon.
By 1750hrs to 1800hrs it should be at its full brightness 30° above the horizon in the WSW sky (245° from North).

If you can identify them (look up how online if you want to check this point) It will be just up and to the left of the lower point of the rough triangle made by the constellations Pisces and Andromeda.

It will set around 2045hrs at 280° from North.

Assuming you don't have a compass with you, an easy reference is the point the sun sets, it will go down roughly at 250° from North too - so if you remember that point the rest of the action should be in that part of the sky.

Now, if the thing you've seen does those things or anything even vaguely close it it, it is Venus. There's nothing else even remotely close to it in the sky with a similar brightness.

Have fun!

Thats pretty much the track it took last night as checked by compass.

SO it bleddy Venus!

No aliens,No death star,No planet x and positively No zombies alien or otherwise.:D

Cant see VENUS tonight as its too cloudy.

GS

PS No lizards having my marmite! Mmmmmmmm

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I've decided after some thinking that I should probably cease to respond to this thread for numerous reasons; I started to post a response to the prophecy thing but pretty much decided it would seem like I was trying to get the last word. Either way, we'll see I guess! My final word on the subject is that you should be very careful whose information you trust. Zecharia Sitchin and Nancy Lieder are high on the list of those not to trust. As a general rule, if intelligent enough to know the truth, they would be intelligent enough to know that if they go on about "coverups" they'd get blasted for being nonsensical conspiracy theorists. Good way to make a move from a scientific community to Las Vegas though, I guess.

Pete

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I've decided after some thinking that I should probably cease to respond to this thread for numerous reasons; I started to post a response to the prophecy thing but pretty much decided it would seem like I was trying to get the last word. Either way, we'll see I guess! My final word on the subject is that you should be very careful whose information you trust. Zecharia Sitchin and Nancy Lieder are high on the list of those not to trust. As a general rule, if intelligent enough to know the truth, they would be intelligent enough to know that if they go on about "coverups" they'd get blasted for being nonsensical conspiracy theorists. Good way to make a move from a scientific community to Las Vegas though, I guess.

Pete

Who are Zecharia Sitchin and Nancy Lieder ?? ( no i'm not joking.) I've heard the names for the first time on here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE