The big one!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Apologies, Green Man, i am well within my 28 day remit, so if one of those, good for nothing,nosey,spoilt,land rover driving,lazy,do nort,Rock Inn drinking,ride around the National Park, snakey,underhanded, educated Archie's, so much as set foot in the wood, you will see me at my absolute finest in verbal destruction.

I actually hope they pop in for a coffee, as tail between legs,red faced departure will be great fun indeed.

Ivan..

Oh! by the way without prejudice!!

What's the matter with landrover driving individuals!

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Ha! Tell him Paul. He's happy to drive a landy as long as it isn't his.

Well, I have a little news for the wise old owl so I have sent him a PM.
You will be missed missur Dudrey, but you will be remembered.

Gee I miss Benji :(

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Didn't realise it was legendary... I expect I will bring 'most' of my camp kit with me! Not as much fun without it ;-)
So if anyone does want to try the legendary breakfast they are more than welcome :)

Book me in for as many legendary breakfasts as you can cook my man
I have a feeling there's gonna be a culinary feast to be had here
Anybody else want to do a good day walk on the moors at some point ? Let me know cos I am well up for putting a few miles in

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
ahh now then chaps, being the cockney **** of the lot and having no bearings whatsoever. somebody please please give me the postcode so my twatnav can remind me.
looking forward to catching up

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
It's half a mile further on the B3387 from the Edgemoor Hotel, TQ13 9LE Rick. Look for cars parked outside a wood :) Will the various strains of Absinthe be making an appearance this time?

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Completely out of the blue yesterday, Talia said in an Ivan/Indian accent, "does anybody want to buy an elephant?"...I nearly spat my coffee out!

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
We used big reflective traffic cones last time and they worked fine. The traffic slowed as soon as they saw them.
Already practicing my laughing ready for the meet. Hope the good weather turns up.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Unfortunately no Absinthe left as Mr savage drank me dry. however i have about my person somewhere a very fine bottle of Honey Jack daniels which does go down very well... like a 2 dollar ***** but more expensive.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Guys, i personally are not worried about the parking issue(And i am the only one to have had my car written off!) There is not a visibility or obstruction concern, the road is plenty wide enough with good splay, and if we all park in a single line fashion and take extra precautions like road traffic cones, we have done our bit.

As mentioned before, it is the main route to Dartmoor and at weekends in particular is very busy, but i know our parking there actually slows people down.

Anyway if anyone is worried we can always ferry them from a safer parking area.

Now the serious stuff! I am personally glad there is to be no absinthe, i will be mainly sticking to lager and a small amount of brandy.

Steve mentioned a desire for a good walk, do you want me to plan a route Steve? And if so an idea of miles and interesting things to see and do along the way.

If anybody has some road pins or better still a spit type affair, that would be brill, as i have a whole lamb on order.

Also if any of the regular visitors have a preference for certain spots, due to size of bell tents etc, just let me know and i will reserve them.

Ivan...

Oh and enough talk about elephants/benji/Mr Dudrey as we can fully discuss those subjects and more at the meet.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
I dont have any road pins or a spit roast but i'll keep my eyes peeled, I'm sure I must be able to requisition one from somewhere. Shall I bring a couple of bags of charcoal for the lamb, just in case we need em? Also, a large jar of seasoning - probably something like olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, lemon rinds and garlic cloves would be good?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Morning peeps!

Paul, the large jar of seasoning, will be a much appreciated addition to the lamb,and the charcoal is a good idea, thanks pal.

TBL, the spikey road pin, steel type affair sounds perfect, i am sure we can procure the supports for it from somewhere!

Dave53, your regular spot has a reserved sign on it already mate, hope you are feeling a bit better.

Also, just a thought, anyone who has any goodies they may want to sell or exchange/swap, if you have room in your vehicles, bring them along.

Ivan...

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
By all accounts it is going to be one big meat fest...nom nom.
Please could you reserve my usual spot Ivan. Best to keep the snorers together :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE