the 69 million dollor question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
what makes the perfect bacon butty

your opinions please

so i will go first since its my question

so to start with it would be a large white bread roll with just slighty dark pink but still not crispy bondfire cooked bacon with lettice and tommato and then finished of with HEINZ tomato ketch in between each layer. So you have heard what mine is whats yours

Frazer

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2009
Highlands
best ever I had last year camping with some friends. One started cooking [edit]frying[/edit] up some bacon but with no fat, needing some liquid he reached for the closest thing to hand - his bottle of 21yr old MacAllan
and of course served on a Harry Gow roll :D

Last edited:

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thick white bread with marge (cheap) tomato ketchup on one slice, brown sauce on the other and as much crispy (well well done!) unsmoked (the fire can add that ;)) back bacon as you can fit in before you cant bite it any more :D

Mmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Morrisons Oak smoked bacon takes some beating (thanks Gary for putting me on to that one :D ) in fresh baked bread with lashing of butter melted by the hot bacon topped with HP sauce

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Dry cured, thick cut, smokey bacon, with black pudding, mushrooms & toms...and maybe a sausage for good measure
Middlewood-Feb2010mininmeet007.jpg

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
My best way is to get Chiabatta bread sliced down the length of the loaf, butter, grill bacon (Dry cured oak smoked streaky) on one side untill edges start to crisp. finally add HP and ketchup + nice cuppa T.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
A good thick bacon that you can put in a bone dry pan and the fat will render down and it will cook in its' own lard! All the rest such as bread, buter and sauce is just scenery!

Fizzlebang

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2009
Surrey
it has to be real bacon, without being pumped full of water.
brown sauce and any bread you can find. Sliced mushrooms too if you really want to show off

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Dry cured, British, thick cut Back Bacon cooked so the rind is crispy and the meat just pink and solid (no scorching), on a Granary roll, no butter or coloured sauces, just dip the rol into the bacon fat in the pan to soak up alll that goodness and slightly fry the rolls surface
- how do you get drool off a keyboard?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE