the 69 million dollor question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
HP is no longer produced in this country anymore !!! They shipped the production out of Birmingham and moved it to somewhere like Belgium or the likes. With the wind in the right direction i could smell it when i worked in the city centre, lol

P

Pcwizme

John Fenna said:
just dip the rol into the bacon fat in the pan to soak up alll that goodness and slightly fry the rolls surface

100% agree with that, and Branstons ketchup (i cant have heinz)
and fried real bacon (not supermarket stuff) oh and real bread, home made if possible!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Local, farm produced, dry cured bacon - cooked well enough to leave no stringy rind. That goes on a slice of thick white bread and gets covered in HP sauce. On top of that goes a fried egg, one from my own chooks. Another slice of bread, buttered both sides - in turn topped by local butchers sausages, fried, then split in two and darkened on the inner surfaces. Ketchup and seasoning to taste and another slice of bread - behold the Tri-Dekker!

Best to have the radio on while you eat it, as the sheer amount of cholesterol can make your arteries creak!

ATB

Ogri the trog

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
For those in the states and it could be more of a New England Newyork area thing but Arnolds white bread several slices of Bacon fired to a crisp preferably in a cast iron pan leave Bacon grease in it after done frying Bacon add a couple eggs some onions mushrooms and fry together top with chees and some either Helmans mayo or some Heinz ketcup and some Cheese YUM.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
white bread bacon cooked so that its charred on the the outside a bit then lashings of daddy's brown sauce

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Just cook it outdoors on a fire

Bake the bread/ bannoick to your own taste
Cook the bacon & other fillings on the same fire
Heat the water for the brew of your choice on the fire

When in doubt make 2 :)

Season with jealous looks from other people :pokenest:

(make enough for your whole group) goodjob

Mike

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Cooked over the fire till crispy, morning roll, loads of proper butter, tommy sauce.................heaven :D:D:D
Add a tattie scone and an egg tae that that and it could be nirvana...........:)

Last edited:

Aussiepom

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Mudgee, NSW
"What makes the perfect bacon butty?"

Easy - cold weather: An average bacon butty, served hot, will taste great. A good bacon butty, served hot, will taste fantastic.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE