That little voice in your head

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
On that tone, my best friend agrees with this one......:)

" A good friend will bail you out of jail; but your best friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Damn, that was fun!" :D

cheers,
Toddy

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
On that tone, my best friend agrees with this one......:)

" A good friend will bail you out of jail; but your best friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Damn, that was fun!" :D

cheers,
Toddy

And your REALLY REALLY best friend's wife will bail you out of jail - leaving his sorry behind sitting there!!!!

I still don't know what ... lesson ... they were trying to teach us! The first time they bail out both, but after that there's some sort of ... lesson ... they expect us to figure out and learn!

I was innocent, I tell ya! Innocent! A victim of circumstances!

Um ... errr ... well ... maybe ... Not Guilty! Yeah, that's the ticket, Not Guilty!

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands
- who's spent his share of time in the ... gray-bar hotel
(wasn't my fault ... honest ... but sure was fun)

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
Likewise on the tinnitus curiously - night time is the worst of course :(

Very true, thank god for classic fm and an FM alarm clock with a sleep function. Thats also the reason why it doesn't bother me when i park up next to a reefer at the truck stops.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
madness.jpg

:lmao: :rolleyes:

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
I can't hear anything.
Reading a book called ' The power of now' by Eckhart Tolle and he teaches you how to quieten the inner chatter.
When i meditate i get mild tinnitus but i like to think that is the vibrational frequency i am on and not 6 years of running up scimitar tanks on the tank park.:rolleyes:

Dirty Karlos

Forager
Oct 16, 2007
Hull
www.karlholtby.com
I was watching "Life on Mars" the other day on DVD and realized mine sounds exactly like the tone they used on the old test card when the Beeb stopped broadcasting at night.

Added to that the fact that I'm partially deaf and it makes hearing the stuff I can hear doubly difficult. :bluThinki

Me too! does it not affect your sleep, that is the worse thing for me sleep deprivation.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheesy local commercial radio station while she`s making the tea.

I`d have Radio 4 on but she won`t have any of it.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
I can't hear anything.
Reading a book called ' The power of now' by Eckhart Tolle and he teaches you how to quieten the inner chatter.
When i meditate i get mild tinnitus but i like to think that is the vibrational frequency i am on and not 6 years of running up scimitar tanks on the tank park.:rolleyes:

We had the Scorpion with the 76mm gun (what a bang), haven't had perfect silence in over 25 years, and of course jet engines etc.:1244: :1244: Messes with your balance as well.

Andy

carla

Apr 17, 2008
shropshire
hmm well edispliff you have had many answers.
when i am in quiet space i hear a low hum i always hear it when i am anywhere in england and nowhere else. i recon it is because it is a crowded island ???
doesnt bother me anymore.
carla

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
hmm well edispliff you have had many answers.
when i am in quiet space i hear a low hum i always hear it when i am anywhere in england and nowhere else. i recon it is because it is a crowded island ???
doesnt bother me anymore.
carla

Hmmm ... mayhap yee have developed an ear attuned to the natural energy flows criss-crossing England? A lot of the ancient ruins (like Stonehenge) were built where those energy flow paths crossed.

Or you might be mildly psychic, and picking up a "hum" from all those minds constantly buzzing.

But that's all if you ... believe ... in stuff like that.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

- where the "voices" are now telling me it's beddie-by time! - since I haven't slept much in the last couple days (guilty conscience I suppose)

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I can hear the Hoosiers the computer humming (I have three fans in the bugger :O) A dozen clocks ticking out of sync (I have a thing for clocks) and that's about it, oh the joys of working at home :D

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Interesting how so many people have listed music. I was thinking more along the lines of everything within your soundscope. Right now i hear:
- refrigerator compressor humming
- my breathing through the nose
- the wind rattling a window blind
- the shuffling of papers
- the typing of the keyboard
- a crow imitating a turkey
- grasshoppers flying
- the sound of my computer fans whirring
- a wall clock ticking
- my computer harddrive reading
- vehicles on the highway
- motorcycles on the highway
- a horse neighing
- my dogs claws walking on the concrete

and then the moment is gone :)

There's an old book called the art of illusion written in 1840's sometime around there).. it's basically a practice guide for those that want to get into slight of hand tricks. One of the excercises is to walk anywhere and record everything that you see and then right it down later. then go back again and see how many things you missed.

By training ourselves to see and hear what others record but do not remember givews us an advantage.

Next time you're out and about, give it a shot... train yourself, and after several months, you'll be surprised how much more in tune you really are with everything around you.:)

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
You might be hearing the "taos hum"....google it.

Cheers,
D

Sounds like that underwater in the bath. So many people hear noises of different pitches. I wouldn't wonder if i had some water stopped behind earwax or something.
Sometimes when i get really quiet i suddenly realize i've been listening to a kind of white noise all day in my ears.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE