thank goodness it was shut

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
capacious said:
I don't mean to spoil all the fun here, but if you look at all the suggestions of how to get around the access problems, solely for BCUK members, and all the faffing around it involves, can you really honestly believe that the land owner (who will certainly have better things to with his time) could be even slightly bothered to do so? Think about it practically - it is IMPOSSIBLE to have 'ID' cards for access. Do you think that the land owner will wait at the gate to check you for ID? Or do you expect him to set up perimeter fencing, and have a thumb-print and retinal scan for entry at the gate?

Couldn't agree more Jake....the whole idea of ID cards (even if only suggested lightly) just doesn't do it for me.....and you're right, Land owners won't be interested in checking cards either imo.

I don't agree with wild camping and I certainly don't agree with being disrespectful to either land or landowner...however, if any sort of ID card system came in I wouldn't be getting myself one and I wouldn't stop camping....so thanks all, you've just (hypothetically) turned me into a criminal...cheers :p

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Okay, I get the message. My suggestion re ID cards should be buried beneath a great mound of manure. I rescind it. I'll never mention ID cards again <gasp>

Now, how about membership cards? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE