Telemark History Trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Quote;
Hopefully these threads can inspire some people to get out and give it a go, with Google Earth, the internet and webcams to assist it really is as simple as it sounds.

Looks good, and it's inspired me for when I get some money together! It'll be one to remember I'm sure, can't wait to hear about it round the fire...

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Thanks for digging that post up John
I have a Swedish Army Svea Tor , a Claus Olson Tor clone , Trangia 25 and 2 Meta 50, so loads of choice , we havent decided on one or two as yet .
Cheers
Twodogs

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I should have asked you guys last weekend where you managed to find all the rations from? I'll bet they weren't cheap but they'll be great to have when you're there. I'd imagine there are some weird dishes to be had as well, fish head spread and heavy bread, mmmm!

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Cheers Cliff! That's nowhere near as bad as getting food there, not that you'd be able to anyway. £5 per day is nothing, and your pack will get easier to carry the more you eat! Sounds like it's going to be an amazing trip, I've got to get there oneday. Looking forward to the pics and tales already;)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Cheers Cliff! That's nowhere near as bad as getting food there, not that you'd be able to anyway. £5 per day is nothing, and your pack will get easier to carry the more you eat! Sounds like it's going to be an amazing trip, I've got to get there oneday. Looking forward to the pics and tales already;)

Plus, when the rations have gone we have more room to buy kit on the way back :yikes: :lmao:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
From what I've heard I'd need to take out a second mortgage to bring anything back, hope you guys find some unique shiny stuff though. I'm sure in a few years it'll filter down to me via Cliff then Neil with a bit of help from paypal!

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Great idea guys

Before you go you should try to visit the Royal Engineers Museum in Chatham - they have a display of artifacts from the mission including one of the original HW cells on display.
If you can get to Chatham on the 12th june around midday I can take you round for free (I am chairman of the Airborne Engineer committee of the museum) as i will be showing my friend around there anyway - it would be a good background to the trip.

And i am dead jealous

Cheers
Nick

PM me if youre interested

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
What an absolutely cracking trip.

I loved the RM shows on the subject and have looked around some of the Aviemore locations (I've still to get a look at the stores building tho').
I must admit I'm more than a wee bit jealous.
What was a pleasant surprise though, is that this sort of trip can be achieved for a modest amount with some good planning and organisation.

My hat's off to you !!

Cannot wait to hear of the trip and see the photos

atb
Chris

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Just finished my packing :cool:,

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE