Tea in the wild?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1143
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Moonraker said:
I dare not ask wat 'monkeys bags are' :yikes: some jungle speciality no doubt, or another army lingo :)
Heavy-Mesh Snap Tea Infuser, 2.5"
7614infusers.jpg

Monkey Bags = PG Tips since it is advertised by chimps (not just the ones on-screen)

I used to use one of those tea infusers, they are a really good bit of kit as long as you don't have morons about that think it would be a bit of fun to release the leaves from it :wink:

S

Skippy

they are the little beauties, where, when, how much, gimme gimme, want one....

S

Skippy

I can picture it now.....200 hardened bushmen sitting round the camp fire in Ashdown Forest......DUNKING TEA BALLS :rolmao:

saying: i have pine needles in mine ole chap!! how about you..

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I'm a coffee drinker myself. Strong... I figure if I can survive my cup of coffee then nothing else can kill me that day.

In the wild I'm very fond of sassafras root tea. It really can't be beat as long as you have a little sugar. Silver birch bark is mighty good too. Mac

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Yes, I've made rose hip tea but I can't say I'm a big fan of it. I much prefer birch-sap and pine needle or just a straight nettle tea to be honest.

:)
Ed

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
ooh birch sap.. ive not tryed that... will have to do it at ashdown as i hear there an abundance of birch there! does it taste good?
It tastes great, quite sweet. There have been a few threads in the past about tapping birch trees for their sap. Have a search about for more info on how to do it.

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE