Taking the pis...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Jjv110 said:
A way to get goodness from urine, if you're in a survival situation , is to locate two plastic containers, eg: coke bottles( from your stricken vehicle or crashed plane), then half fill one with urine and leave the other empty. Tape the bottles together at the nozzles forming an airtight sealand lie them on their sides so that one is empty, the other half full. Over night, condensation will form in the empty bottle and turn into good drinking water.

That's fair enough as it's been distilled but drinking it before it's distilled is just plain stupid IMO.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The whole urine drinking thing is derived from ayurveda medicine. You drink your first pee of the day as it is basically supposed to chill you out - you recycle the stuff that makes you relax when you sleep - melatonin.

As for washing - it is more or less sterile and acts in the same way as the soap sold to get rid of spots.

The question you've got to ask is - warm or chilled?

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
EdS said:
The whole urine drinking thing is derived from ayurveda medicine. You drink your first pee of the day as it is basically supposed to chill you out - you recycle the stuff that makes you relax when you sleep - melatonin.

As for washing - it is more or less sterile and acts in the same way as the soap sold to get rid of spots.

The question you've got to ask is - warm or chilled?

Thanks for that I couldn't remember the origin.

EdS said:
that certainly works - best done in the shower though

Must be a WY thing :D

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
Goose said:
Tried that, not with pish but to test if it worked. Half filled one bottle and put it in the window and forgot about, about a week later wasnt much change!
I think it might have something to do with the temperature of the liquid and the ambient temperature to do the test. It would have to be unrine temperature, and the temp would have to drop over night.

Also, I think it will work better if the containers are in the sun, like in the desert for example, then in the morning there should be something there drinkable.

All this talk is making me thirsty! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :yuck:

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I had clilblains and was told by several older people to pee on my feet but I bottled out and got a pot of stuff from boots. (i have pee d on my boots before but that was after a dreadful amount of lager ;) )

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi,

I had a friend who used to pee on his hands to toughen the skin for tug of war, well that was his excuse anyway. :rolleyes:

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE