Take a View - Landscape Photographer of the Year 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Very very well done.

That is a tough competition with extremely high standards.

No more than you deserve though, your photography is very professional indeed.

:You_Rock_

I entered the Landscape Photographer of the Year competition a while back, which is a big national competition with very high standards of entry.

Anyway, I've just had the results back.

I had three shortlisted for awards, but in the end it came down to this one.

Tandlewood-Mist-800.jpg

I managed to win Second Prize in the Classic View section, which is usually the largest entry, so I'm pretty chuffed right now. :approve:

I love the photograph, beautiful seen, would love to have seen it in person.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Congratulations Gary, a well deserved award.

That is such a great picture and gives a sense of calm. I've just replaced your Lafoten panoramic with this as my Desktop picture, hope you don't mind.

Stu

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thats great news Wayland :) The picture provokes such a feeling of silence, its very beautiful. Have you ever thought of creating your own calendars or alike?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hmmmm thats not right.

You should have won.

I'm not over keen on the manipulation of images and as a "simple" image yours is, in my and BBs opinion, the best (with the surf image second). It has an almost abstract quality.

Very, very, very nice

My congratulations - I have never been to the exhibition (although I usually make the Wildlife photographer of the year - which makes me want to throw my camera away)

U was robbed ;)

Red

Gailainne

Life Member
Oh man I wish I could translate what I see into images like those, did'nt agree with "Landscape Photographer of the Year 2008" at all, whats landscape about a dog running along a manmade feature ?, any of the other Adult Classic view's apart from "first frost" are better, to my eye anyway :eek: .

Gary the ethereal quality to your composition works really well, bloody well done getting runner up against some other superb images.

I must admit I really like the winners, but my favourite is "Fan Fu"

Really good job mate :D

Regards

Stephen

The winning pic is good, but I think there are better ones on that page. The winning pic doesn't look very sharp to me, but that could just be down to my monitor.

I guess, at the end of the day, it's all subjective anyway.

I love the pic of the Maunsell Forts because it looks really eerie, and I think that my favourites (not including Gary's obviously ;) )are 'Autumn sunrise at Bamburgh Castle' and 'Trotternish from the Quiraing', purely for the colours and the sharpness of them.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
They chose the right one it being the simplicity of the scene and stillness of components therein.

Great pictures Wayland

Well done!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE