Take a look at this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mark

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
London
They are all pretty similar aren't they - I'm a member of about 10 and there are only about three main formats. It hink it looks good.

Big Mark

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
London
They banned one top US dealer because his name was Stabber and wouldn't change it - even though his name is Stabber!? His website is Stabber and he is known throughout the world of knife as Stabber...but they still banned him wit no discussion....is that a good reason?

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
They banned one top US dealer because his name was Stabber and wouldn't change it - even though his name is Stabber!? His website is Stabber and he is known throughout the world of knife as Stabber...but they still banned him wit no discussion....is that a good reason?
Yes, they asked him to follow their rules, and he would not. Simples yes:rolleyes: Just as your new site has rules, From what I can see, most of the rules have been broken by some of your mods, on this and other sites and after many warnings then banned for it,
How is that going to look when, they start banning/warning people for doing the very same thing for which they were banned. Some of your new mods are proud of their truculent nature, even boastful of it.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
"Hi there

I'm The Blade Master.

I've set up UK Blades... a friendly, helpful forum - away from some of the daft politics and bitching you get on some other UK forums."

So how long before the bitching starts? :lmao:

Reminds me of that lovely clip at the beginning of the Simpsons movie showing the short history of America starting with some idealists jumping on a boat and sailing away to a new land where they could escape repression and live the simple life. Good luck.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Congratulations on your new site Robin,looking good.

I think you'll find the bitchin has already started.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
sticking my neck out i'm pretty sure the site is not Robins - he was merely quoting ;)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I find it easier not to worry about what other people or sites are doing, how their site is set up, what they post.

I have an easy solution, I have a look at the Site, if I find something I like, I read it, I may post a response and on occasion post one of my own.

I will then suscribe as I am interested in all things to do with Bushcraft.

If I find something that I do not like I stop reading and move on to another thread.

This goes for all forums I belong to.

I wish good fortune to this new endevour and continued sucess to all that I belong to.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Give the site a go lads its only been running a day and your already slagging it and its members off ....
This site used to be fun to log on to but it seems to be getting me down lately .
lighten up will ya ...............
Cliff

zorro

Nomad
Jun 6, 2009
Chesterfield UK
Give the site a go lads its only been running a day and your already slagging it and its members off ....
This site used to be fun to log on to but it seems to be getting me down lately .
Cliff

I'm with you matey. :)

It's not a competition about which site is best, it's just another option. I've joined out of curiosity, like I joined here, if it's got nowt to offer me I won't bother with it.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cliff

Couldn't have said it better Cliff.

If there's a problem with another forum being mentioned take it to Tony and the mods and let them sort it out.

Don't have another witch hunt.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm sure it is Timbo1's (bigmark)

Do you have any evidence to support that claim? Please tadpole, don't be another of the cross forum slaters, we've all been there and done our bit to muddy the waters and frankly it is getting a bit boring. Why not join and post a few threads? You won't get any flak, you have my word on that. Unless it is something you start, then you will get on just fine. Seriously, come over and join the forum, what have you got to lose?

Also, let us not forget that this is Tonys' forum, squabbles about other forums should be taken to their respective forums and not be hosted elsewhere. I'm sure Tony wouldn't want this going on here, so try to keep things positive please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE