Take a look at this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
i am very disappointed, this forum is about bushcraft and the friendship we have around the fire, our like minded love of the outdoors and the crafts that go with it.

wether or not the person that originally put the heads up about this new site has anything to do with it or not, it was the initial heads up and then it’s up to whoever goes to the sites to make their own minds up.

it does seem however that a CLIQUE has assembled on this forum, with their private little jokes and elitist attitudes towards every new venture, isn't it true that in your own life everything you learned practically you either learnt from someone else or read how to, or maybe altered the original thought to make it your own, even though the basic knowledge or idea was someone else's! we are all born apprentices and only become the masters once we begin to pass our learnt knowledge on to the next generations/interested parties.

if someone uses your idea or technique, or even your layout, even though the design is similar to many others, why don't you take it as a compliment, stop complaining about how thats mine and you cant have it, and definitely don't bitch about it on here where some of the people can't answer back, and have your private little jokes, as far as i can see there are at least two or three people on here being very unfair and unsporting, if they don't like what they see, contact the people directly and do it in private face to face, don't hide on here calling people from a pig to a dog because thats not what this site is about, its title is BUSHCRAFTUK not BITCHABOUTUK, you know who you are, please stop it. get a backbone and confront the people directly, deal with it and put it to bed, finished.

perhaps humble pie is hard to eat in some parts!

I totally agree with your sentiment but there’s a few things that don't allow me to agree with the specifics.

I am also disappointed, but not because people have pointed out discrepancies but rather because they use other people and manipulate. There’s no problem coming on here and letting people know about another site, it happens all the time, but I do have an issue when there are lies involved and to be blunt Big Mark made this statement.
Just spotted a new knife and blade forum - which launches today. They are planning to advertise it all over the world and make it really big.

This is a link. Have a look and let me know what you think:

http://www..................
Cheers

BM
(Tim)

Now i really do try to be fair, although I know some will disagree with that :D But this thread is blatant advertising for the new site that Big Mark does seem have a hand in, he is involved. The problem here is that Big Mark keeps making statements like this

Hmmm! I got in OK...it might be because I am registered - I go straight in...try Admin and Admin if it throws up a screen to stop you getting in...

I'm just flagging it up as I thought it might interest some people here...it's got nowt to do with me...just mentioning it so people can have a look - it looks like it could be a useful resource particularly for people into knives, sheaths and blades...as regards reciprocal thingys tahat would be something the site owners would need to discuss with Bushcraft...I'm simply pointing it out like someone pointig out a tarp site old bean!

Cool. No problem. I only knew that because some friends of mine let me get in early...I am Timbo1 there...which was my orginal name here until a technical problem meant I had to change to Big Mark...long story...
And then proceeds to copy his original post into loads of other posts throughout the thread.

Now, we say that people can post a link and a short description and there’s no issue with that. This has not been the case and Mark, or rather Tim Noble, who also has other history that really does him no favours. It’s not the poster having anything to do with it, it’s the lies that come with it.

The issue with other sites being copied is much more a case of all the work that goes into them, I know that Martyn for instance has spent months of work on British Blades as well as years growing and continually working on it, his sweat and his money built it and I expect it’s the same for Ron on JD as it is for many other sites. Someone coming along and using all your hard work to save them huge amounts of time and money is I think an understandable reason for getting irked, especially if there's no communication, agreements, politeness, respect etc.

It’s not affected bushcraft uk particularly hence the thread being allowed to stand, but I do absolutely see the issues involved and I also see that it would be very one sided if blatant promotion were allowed and there be no balance if there’s something that needs addressing to do with that promotion.

I do agree that things should be handled personally and from what I can gather there has been an exchange of communications between the 3 sites in issue and an agreement is coming about. As for people bitching on here there seems to be sniping both ways and the bitchy comments aren't generally initiated by those you're pointing your wagging finger at, but as it’s generally stayed polite it’s been allowed to stand.

As I said, I agree with your sentiment but the specifics I don’t, as for the humble pie bit, I think that misses the point and as for backbone, I assure you they have plenty :D

So, the thread is closed (thanks Toddy) and we as a mod team learn some more about people, who we can trust and who we can’t, when we should judge a thread has run its course and when to let it run a bit further, should we step in at this point or that to keep it on course etc etc. Always a guessing game trying to predict how it’s going to go, all good fun :D

Heck, this is a bit like a blog…

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE