Take a look at this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Only if you want to convince people you are a horse.

Ah' I thought that folks were saying I'm a little hoarse!
happy0009.gif

Big Mark

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
London
I think it is yes (there was discussion, he was given the opportunity to pick a different name, but he refused), but we are not really here to criticise BritishBlades moderating policies are we? On the point of banning people, perhaps ...and I'm trying to ask (of anyone in a position to give an authoritative answer) this as nicely as possible ...you could explain to me why Ron Labella, owner of Jerzee Devil, was banned earlier? He made a perfectly reasonable post asking why content had been stolen from his knife forum and used on this new site? He had his posts deleted and was immediately banned. There were at least six other people banned for asking the same question. Not for being rude, or argumentative, but simply for asking why intellectual property was being ripped off.

I was going to join myself and ask the very same question with regards to BritishBlades (the whole site is a blatant BB rip-off), but obviously, my feet wouldn't touch the ground.

:rolleyes:

I hate to be awkward but what you say isn't actually true. The people from JD came into the UK Blades forum late at night and filled it with obscene pictures - stabbed people with hundreds of knives in them, etc - and filthy words and used obscene language. The posts were as I understand it were removed and several people were banned for doing this. Some have since been allowed back in after agreeing to behave. The rules that were used were included by mistake by the design company who built it and these have now been amended. I think it is important to get your facts right Martin.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
The rules that were used were included by mistake by the design company who built it and these have now been amended.

Funny how it's always the fault of 'the design company'. I'd get my money back if they are so consistantly lazy as to just steal the work of others.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Don't undersatnd all that stuff I thought this thread was about the new knife forum?

I'm confused?

I think you'll find that the light hearted banter is to help keep the thread away from some of the earlier comments that went on earlier, unfortunately you've quoted your post twice stating that you just spotted the site, when it appears that one of the businesses your involved in is actually an authorised advertiser/site sponsors.
http://www.ukblades.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2

That sort of less than openess does rile many members.

Can I suggest, in order for there to be less contoversy, that in future you decare any interests you have in companies or groups that you are involved with when you link to them. That way various members will not get so wound up, BCUK can continue to be it's mainly fluffy place and your own credibility will less likely be called into question.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
I think it is yes (there was discussion, he was given the opportunity to pick a different name, but he refused)

So really you banned the username not the person.

If you've not done so already it might be a good idea to add section to your rules about usernames that are deemed inappropriate.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I hate to be awkward but what you say isn't actually true.
Is that a fact? :D

The people from JD came into the UK Blades forum late at night and filled it with obscene pictures - stabbed people with hundreds of knives in them, etc - and filthy words and used obscene language. The posts were as I understand it were removed and several people were banned for doing this. Some have since been allowed back in after agreeing to behave. The rules that were used were included by mistake by the design company who built it and these have now been amended.
OK Timbolina, I saw those pictures and they were nasty, but they appeared AFTER you banned Ron for asking why you stole his content. It was their way of protesting and it seemed to work, because you removed the content, apologised and wrote your own.

Curses to that wretched design company eh? They do keep landing you in a pickle. Another £1000 wasted? :D :D

I think it is important to get your facts right Martin.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OK, mate, you've deleted the stolen Jerzee Devil content and you have promised to re-structure the forums so it's not a copy of my site - when is that going to happen? I can appreciate you are busy with all the website changes you have to keep making to rectify the errors of your design company, but really, It's been a couple of days now and it only takes ...maybe 10 minutes to do?

Oh, btw you denied having anything to do with this site in your first post in this thread ...but you are an admin there aren't you? You did create the forum didn't you?

Lies have a way of catching up with you mate. ;)

Anyway, all that aside, please change your website so that it's not a copy of mine and all will be well in the world.

Regards,
Martyn.

Big Mark

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
London
Is that a fact? :D

OK Timbolina, I saw those pictures and they were nasty, but they appeared AFTER you banned Ron for asking why you stole his content. It was their way of protesting and it seemed to work, because you removed the content, apologised and wrote your own.

I didn't ban Ron one of the Mods did after he swore repeatedly on the site. Then a load of his supporters uploaded a lot of rubbish to complain. Neither action was grown up or reasonable. Since then the owners of the site have sort it out. I was also in contact with Ron and tried to help

Curses to that wretched design company eh? They do keep landing you in a pickle. Another £1000 wasted? :D :D

Not me mate. Not my design company. And I have no idea what it cost. I don't own the site.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OK, mate, you've deleted the stolen Jerzee Devil content and you have promised to re-structure the forums so it's not a copy of my site - when is that going to happen? I can appreciate you are busy with all the website changes you have to keep making to rectify the errors of your design company, but really, It's been a couple of days now and it only takes ...maybe 10 minutes to do?

I haven't promised to restructure. It isn't mine to promise. As I understand it the structure is the structure...it come that way. The rules are changed. I don't think the structure will change and it isn't down to me. Some of the words may change? Who knows?

I know you think you rule the world. And perhaps in your forum you do. How tall are you by the way?

Oh, btw you denied having anything to do with this site in your first post in this thread ...but you are an admin there aren't you? You did create the forum didn't you?

I am not an admin. I am a sponsor. I felt it was worth giving knife fans in the UK a choice - mainly because in a Joseph Stalin kind of way you ban anyone who doesn't agree with you. Why not buy a Gulag - they are going cheap. You could ship us ut there then.

Lies have a way of catching up with you mate. ;)

You should know mate!

Anyway, all that aside, please change your website so that it's not a copy of mine and all will be well in the world.

Nothing to do with me mate. And as far as I understand it it is a standard format. They come that way.

Regards,
Martyn.

I am afraid you live in a fantasy land not me!!!! Come out of your forum and take a look at the world we all live in. Go on how tall? 5'2" I bet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE