Tactical Canvas Vest=LOL?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The only problem I have with this sort of garment is that the temptation to cram something useful in every available pocket means that the weight pulls so hard forwards that the back neckline gives you a ropeburn :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

Emma

Forager
Nov 29, 2004
Hampshire/Sussex
scanker said:
That vest looks like it has all sorts of pockets on the back too Toddy, so you should be able to balance it up! :D
The lead weights that get used in horse-racing (the handicap races) should do nicely for that. ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
scanker said:
That vest looks like it has all sorts of pockets on the back too Toddy, so you should be able to balance it up! :D

So it does, I missed those :eek: Bruised back & hips though as it bounces around :(
I bought two of the women's safari waistcoats from North Face in the factory shop sale thinking they looked useful, but I think I'm the wrong shape or something. I just can't get comfortable in them even though it seems such a good idea to hold all the bits and pieces.
Sorry Shepard, it kind of put me off them. I don't think they'd sell so many though if they weren't a good thing for other folk.

Cheers,
Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
These are great, I use mine for work, carry lunch and a couple of books with room to spare.

I highly reccomend them.

I also have a russian millitas jacket but it hasnt as many pockets. Im adding more though.

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
In my humble opinion a vest should not be made of cotton.
A vest does not replace a jacket! So you wear the heavy,wet cotton on top
of your jacket (or T-shirt in summer).
Go for the real thing. Try Blackhawk or Eagle.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
not a new idea, the british army issued one in WW2
1942 pattern battle jerkin if memory serves
made of canvas.
good kit apparently. service chiefs disapproved as it only had two small brass buckles to polish.

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
Yes, nzgunnie, the material can melt. But in my experience it simply does not
happen. I wear my Blackhawk several years now, and it is still as new.
There is not a single hole from sparks.
But I see the risk. For me it is ok, because I wear cotton underneath.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE