Sold Fjällräven Anorak No 8. £120

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hereweg

Subscriber
Jan 26, 2023
Wessex
Selling my Fjallraven Anorak No. 8.
It’s in medium which fits me well, I’m just over six ft.
It’s in mint condition, no damage. I think it’s better now than when bought because I’ve treated it to make it more suited to wet UK weather. ..not using their wax product, there are other treatments that work better I think.
Also modded it with a velcro fasten on the storm flap at the front. ..I found when out in strong winds a side wind would blow the storm flap open because there’s no stud halfway down the flap, so added the velcro to give extra protection.

I’m asking £120 for it including postage.

Has been used but well looked after. Works very well when wearing merino base layer underneath. Water beads and runs of in rain but will get damp eventually if you stay out in rain for a while. Treatment can be washed out and reapplied or applied differently in keeping with intended use of jacket.
Great jacket for bushcraft.
Feel free to message me for more details.
Also plenty of info and reviews online.

IMG_3320.jpegIMG_3321.jpegIMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_3330.jpegIMG_3331.jpegIMG_3334.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpegIMG_3329.jpegIMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpegIMG_3327.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: nigelp

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Hi. I am too fat to fit a medium unfortunately but wondered what product you use on it for waterproofing? I have a similar jacket and want to make it a bit more water repellent

Hereweg

Subscriber
Jan 26, 2023
Wessex
Hi. I am too fat to fit a medium unfortunately but wondered what product you use on it for waterproofing? I have a similar jacket and want to make it a bit more water repellent
I’ve found that treating with Nikwax Wax Cotton Proof gets great results with G1000.
It’s designed for waxed garments like Barbour jackets. I’ve used it on a waxed jacket as well as G1000 and much prefer the look of traditional wax on an oilskin fabric, whereas the Nikwax gives a nice completely dry feeling finish on the G1000. Once applied it cures and stayes dry to the touch only darkening the garment slightly, it’s a lot easier to apply that the Greenland Wax as well, you can use a sponge or cloth. I also rub some nikwax leather proof on the edge of the cuffs and hem to protect against abrasion. I actually contacted the guys at Nikwax to give them a heads up about how well wax cotton proof works with Fjallravens material.
I’ve worn the jacket in Dartmoor and Snowdonia as well as the north of Sweden and Norway in the winter.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Hi
Could you tell me what colour this is? I'm finding it difficult to resist buying.....thanks. Swotty

Hereweg

Subscriber
Jan 26, 2023
Wessex
Hey. It’s olive green. I find it works great with a merino base layer. Side zips are two way so also help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE