SWMBO has a question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
SWMBO has asked whether anyone else leaves "razor sharp knives" sitting on the sofa where "femoral artery thingies" can be "severed, causing [her] trouble with important bodily functions." I told her that I would ask, so I'm asking.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I was always taught that a knife should be in my hand or in its sheath. If I have to constantly put it down I use a wrist lanyard.

I'm with your good lady, not good practice to put them on the sofa.:)

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
My mrs don't like it when I use a knife as a back stratcher......you gotta be careful but a knife just always seems to be the handiest thing :rolleyes:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
LMAO, not just me then, great back stratchers aren't they

To anyone who's not tried it, just remember......only side to side....never up and down :p

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Three year old granddaughter is a regular visitor here and although not the tidiest place in the world (tools mostly) I do keep sharps out of her way.
Plus, I don't leave knives lying about on the sofa, that's just daft.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Knife left on sofa isn't a great idea. Even in a sheath the weight of someone sitting on it could drive a sharp blade through the sheath.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I have young kids so I always try to put sharp and pointy things away, or at least somewhere inaccessible for someone 4ft high - the trouble is the little buggers drag chairs and things around to stand on...

I try not to leave tools lying around, a knife is just the same.

I did once put a knife somewhere safe in 'that place I'm sure to remember', then couldn't find it for 3 months...

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Mine are never in their sheaths but laid out in a book case, I have had knives go a bit nasty after living in a sheath for a long time.

Still, they are never left around.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE