Swedish Snow Smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
yep from the earlier thread - gave them a ring friday andthey were here monday - not sure about wax i'll see wha othe waterproofing options ar out there before i decide - need to sort the colour first
I've made a tarton the pocket but need to persuade th misses to do the stickng she's gt a straighter eye then me

Finally got the package, the company tried to deliver yesterday and said they left a card but guess what....no card! I had to phone them to find out it was at the depot. Luckily it was round the corner from my work otherwise it would have been sent back as no one is around to wait in for it and if it was over the other side of the city then no chance of me going to collect it. Damn delivery companies...everyone else seems to put the packages where I tell them to except for them.

Anyways rant over... :p

I got a medium and its big!. Just put it in a cotton wash at the moment to give it a clean as it was a little bit dirty from sitting around on a shelf for ages.
I noticed there was a tail strap...does anyone know what this is? If its no use I may just take it off and use it for a hood volume adjuster and use the button inside for the missing one on the front. Anyone got pics on how to do this?

I have been looking for dylon dye, found some in morrisons but its only black. So may have to check the large super tesco in the city when I get a chance. Mines at the moment is slighlty creamy/off white.

Im a 38"-40" chest and probably should have went for a small. It seems to have shrunk a little in the washing machine and I may do it again this time on a much higher temp to shrink it a little bit more. Arms now come down to my knuckles when fully extended.
My dryer isnt working at the moment otherwise I would chuck it in there on a high heat.
I have only worn it on top of a t shirt so I guess it would fill out a little bit more in the winter with a few bits underneath.

Lets see what Corso thinks...any chance you can post a pic of it on to get an idea of how big they really are? I will do the same later this week as I dont think many people realise how big they actually are......including me. :p

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Waylander is correct although expecte it to be bigger as its suposed to go over a multi layer army uniform I'd say yu can comfortably wear it over 3 layers inc a wol jumper ithouttoo much restriction. The two I have are diferent the thicker one being a coule of iches longer - might pass it on onnce I've finished the other one

I noticed there was a tail strap...does anyone know what this is? If its no use I may just take it off and use it for a hood volume adjuster and use the button inside for the missing one on the front. Anyone got pics on how to do this?

there should be a button on the inside front - the strap goes between our legs to stop the smock riding up

like the denson and several otherjump smocks out there

I've taen the pocketsoff mine an started the kangaro pocket - I'm making ot of th cast off pockets - it wont be pretty mind....

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
we seem to be entering a 'pimp your smock' area here, hoping to finish mine in a few weeks time. mine is having new arms fited which i've decided the trousers that came with it will make ideal donor parts for, just need to shape them. they seem ideal as i wanted freedom of movement like on those arctic smocks used by polar explorers.

keep the mods and pictures coming! they're great!

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Here is mine (Posted on another thread)

I have: Lengthened the cuff (With the cut off bottoms of a pair of green army trousers) which i then waxed
Added a ruff (removable for summer and heavy rain)
Added a volume adjuster on the hood
Added a leather chest pocket
Added sheepskin hand warmer pocket liners (i did not need gloves at -17)
Wired the peak of the hood
Leather tabs on all pull cords

It is a great jacket, i use it for just about everything

2011-06-07214111.jpg

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Here is mine (Posted on another thread)

I have: Lengthened the cuff (With the cut off bottoms of a pair of green army trousers) which i then waxed
Added a ruff (removable for summer and heavy rain)
Added a volume adjuster on the hood
Added a leather chest pocket
Added sheepskin hand warmer pocket liners (i did not need gloves at -17)
Wired the peak of the hood
Leather tabs on all pull cords

It is a great jacket, i use it for just about everything

2011-06-07214111.jpg

Now that is a cracking bit of modding! Is that the Dylon OG that you used? I've dyed some canvas with it and it looks similar. Might have to get one and try the brown on it...

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
looks great mate mine wont be anywhere near as pretty :)

QUOTE=Kerne;911625]Just did a search and found this:
http://www.gisurplus.co.uk/shop/product.php/80/swedish-hooded-windproof-snow-smocks

"Assorted sizes" so you could be unlucky, but what a price!

This looks good as well:
http://www.gisurplus.co.uk/shop/product.php/563/windproof-sas-smocks-olive-green[/QUOTE]

I tried them mate and they wern't very helpful - they seem to be part of www.europeainarmysurplus.com - and are only interested in big orders , they ignored my email requests when I told them how much stuff I wanted they also have a minimum order of £150 and won't give you an option on sizes

Last edited:

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
pignut that smock looks great, however, i know from bitter, bitter experience, the ironing board is rubbish! :)

just saw you're lincolnshire based, i'm king's lynn, not a million miles away technically. where do you get out to do yr thing?

Last edited:
I had a look at that site yesterday and thought it would be great for a group buy. Now you mention its a min order. Doubt we could get that much interest. Knew it was too good to be true.

Anyways here is the photo of mine, im 5ft 7", slimish build and actually have a head :)
The sleeves are a tad long when I have not pulled them up to the wrist. I may replace this with velcro, makes it easier to adjust in the cold than a button.

Winter-smock by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
pignut that smock looks great, however, i know from bitter, bitter experience, the ironing board is rubbish! :)

just saw you're lincolnshire based, i'm king's lynn, not a million miles away technically. where do you get out to do yr thing?

Cheers!

Mostly around the scunny area, I am planning a trip down the coast, slightly more your way, for a bit of beach combing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE