WANTED Proper firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Useless to me, I cant get a spark out of them.

(maybe you can advise?)

But I have a fire kit...without one.

I have a lot to swap

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
What is it exactly you want? Are we talking classic flint and steel, ferro rod? I have a ferro rod you can have but I suspect you may be wanting something more traditional.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
i have both what do you want? if you cant get a spark out of a ferro rod then i use a different striker. the back of the saw on a swiss army knife is superb

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Nope, traditional, not ferro.

What would you like for it?
I have got a striker I made from an old file and a piece of flint. I use charcloth. That works well for me. is that any good to you? inbox me as i dont always look at replies ive sent.
ps I dont want anything for it only to know that you will use it and send me a picture of the fire you got going with it . hows that? x.
. x

Last edited:
Reactions: UKAndyB

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats a great offer but I will admit, I am hopeless at even getting sparks.

Still, it might go well in my pouch along with the equally pathetic haematite lump and Iron pyrites.

I am going to make sure I have plenty of flint seeing as its so scarce in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE