Swedish Rescue Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Just taken the plunge on one of these. Looks like what I was after. (Better then the body bag I nearly went for) I am interested in dimensions also if someone gets one before me

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I'm hoping they'll take my Exped 7 mat, I had to sell on a Duluth bed roll as it was too short :(

Similar issue here. All I have owned off the shelf have needed snother couple of inches

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
These bags are called bårsäck and there was some talk about one a little while ago.
You can fill this bag with whatever insulation you might find; hay, spruce, leaves....

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Interesting!

Do you know any other detail?

Wht their origional use is etc

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Hi Pignut,
these bags were used to carry casualties off to get medical attention. Not like bodybags, but more like insulated stretchers. I guess they were used with Swedish army pulks in that case.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Hi Pignut,
these bags were used to carry casualties off to get medical attention. Not like bodybags, but more like insulated stretchers. I guess they were used with Swedish army pulks in that case.

Wow. Great info! Many thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE