Swedish Rescue Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
First time ever I can honestly say I had no idea that piece of
Swedish surplus even existed. :confused:

I've been to almost every suplier of surplus in the whole of Sweden....

And now I want one of those. :p

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
I have 2, one for Sam, I will take some measurements tomorrow.

In the meantime they are a thick canvas outer, full size blanket tied in and finally a liner buttoned on.

I visited the Military Mart store today and the guy I dealt with was great, he got all 4 bags in the store down and helped pick the best 2 then tested the zips etc ... The two I have look unissued.

Some pics I have taken:

Button Detail.jpgEnd Buckles showing lack of wear.jpg
Full length.jpgLayers.jpg
Rescue Bags, Nalgene bottle for scale.jpgSide Details.jpg
Side View.jpgUpright for scale.jpg
Wear of Zip Pulls.jpgZip Pull.jpg
Zips Meeting.jpg

Let me know if anyone wants anymore pictures or details.

Dan.

Last edited:

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire

In the meantime they are a thick canvas outer, full size blanket tied in and finally a liner buttoned on.

I visited the Military Mart store today and the guy I dealt with was great, he got all 4 bags in the store down and helped pick the best 2 then tested the zips etc ... The two I have look unissued.

Some pics I have ......

Dan.

Great pics. A total length unfolded would be great!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
Ok so some quick measurements ...

200 (length) x 90 (Width), it's a big bag and seems pretty warm, I'm going to try sleeping in it with an extra blanket for backup.

I also got an NVA Raindrop Camo Zeltbahn tarp to go with it so I can setup near the fire without worrying about sparks etc ... obviously I'll have my normal kit with me in case of heavy rain.

The full length is to the end of the hood which I have tried to show in the pic below.

Rescue Bag Hood.jpg

Actually due to the interest I'm tempted to sell Sam's :lmao:

Dan.

Last edited:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Lol... Fight!!!!

thanks for the measurements. Do you think it will work as a bedroll

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
If mine arrives in time i will try it on Sat as i am out with the Scouts. So I will report back:D

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
Cheers Mate, Happy to help. They look great bags to sleep in so im looking forward to seeing a review. pity its too big to take to priest hole :(
As you say just watch the straps on the side as some mates after a few tins tend to get a big childish and may 'rescue' you...

ATB.
leaf

Some pics I have taken:

View attachment 16314View attachment 16315
View attachment 16316View attachment 16317
View attachment 16318View attachment 16319
View attachment 16320View attachment 16321
View attachment 16322View attachment 16323
View attachment 16324

Dan.

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
Cheers Mate, Happy to help. They look great bags to sleep in so im looking forward to seeing a review. pity its too big to take to priest hole :(
As you say just watch the straps on the side as some mates after a few tins tend to get a big childish and may 'rescue' you...

ATB.
leaf

Hey Leaf :)

Thanks, and will be back up there soon.

Just need to find a Belgian/Dutch wool blanket to go with it now :p

Dan.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Mine arrived earlier this week, looks like a great piece of kit. For an idea of size, I'm 6' 1" tall and it's a good fit for me, but it would be a bit snug for anyone much taller. It's wide enough for me, and the foot box is wide too. I'll be using it this weekend with an extra Dutch blanket on a paddle trip in the Lakes, do I'll report back next week....

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Got mine today.

It is one he'll of a thing! gonna have a play later and see what it is like i will post my results

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Just removed a rusty spring steel frame from the wool liner! How odd

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Just got mine through the post today! Think I got the last one.. What a beastie!! Very heavy gauge canvas, but with a Swedish wool blanket and a cotton liner.. A swede issue blanket would fetch a crazy price on its own, so I'm well chuffed!
i love the real leather tabs, and the bomb proof zips.. Couldn't find the three crowns stamp though ? I will have to take mil marts word for it on being swedish, although the liner and buttons are unmistakeable swedish colouring. I was gonna Greenland wax the beast, but I don't think it's necessary.. I will always be under cover, and if I'm wild camping I will prob just use the wool and cotton liner with a sleep bag.
The great thing was how comfortable it feels. I like to be warm at night, and have been cold at the last two meets I went to, just using an alp kit bivvy bag and a snug pack elite 4. This has definitely fulfilled my 'bedroll' requirements! One happy swedish surplus obsessed, 20 quid worse off scandi loving jimbo.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Just got mine through the post today! Think I got the last one.. What a beastie!! Very heavy gauge canvas, but with a Swedish wool blanket and a cotton liner.. A swede issue blanket would fetch a crazy price on its own, so I'm well chuffed!
i love the real leather tabs, and the bomb proof zips.. Couldn't find the three crowns stamp though ? I will have to take mil marts word for it on being swedish, although the liner and buttons are unmistakeable swedish colouring. I was gonna Greenland wax the beast, but I don't think it's necessary.. I will always be under cover, and if I'm wild camping I will prob just use the wool and cotton liner with a sleep bag.
The great thing was how comfortable it feels. I like to be warm at night, and have been cold at the last two meets I went to, just using an alp kit bivvy bag and a snug pack elite 4. This has definitely fulfilled my 'bedroll' requirements! One happy swedish surplus obsessed, 20 quid worse off scandi loving jimbo.

Agree with all that. Have you found the metal frame at the hood end? I am thinking of buttoning in another wool blanket. I was also thinking of greenlanding mine, but again dont think I am gonna bother

Agree with all that. Have you found the metal frame at the hood end? I am thinking of buttoning in another wool blanket. I was also thinking of greenlanding mine, but again dont think I am gonna bother

Yeah, I found it? Guessed its not doing any harm so have left it.. Really needs a good cold field test, which I can't do for a while. I put my elite 4 in it for a size up, but I reckon I could get away with using a 1 season sleeping bag to cut down on weight, and in spring and summer.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
The frame in mine was very rusty, it had rusted through in places and was marking the wool (just a word of advice)

Cant wait to try mine in anger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE