Swedish army mess kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RM27

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 17, 2010
UK
Im trying to get the most out of mine so was wondering if anyone has modded there kit and if so what did you add/change

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Please feel free to ask any question you want on this forum,not everyone uses the search function.Cheers

Absolutely, plus the search function doesn't work too well. And apart from that, if we only used the search function to find old topics, there would never be any new threads started.

Anyway, back to the question. On the pan part, I've engraved measurement marks in 100ml increments. I also got rid of that annoying hook and replaced the military burner with a civvy one.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Please feel free to ask any question you want on this forum,not everyone uses the search function.Cheers

It would help on the ever growing list of same old questions being asked if they did, THEN post an open question? plus people may have recieved some lessions from all the spurious stuff most forum search engines tend to throw up, so the original posters gets to learn and we don't read the same blooming questions time after time which can prove a tad tiresome after a few years.

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
The marking of 100mm increments is a brilliant idea! And just about within my technical limits too:)

And if you do it at 100mm instead of 100ml you won't have to make so many marks... :)

Incidentally you can use search engines like Google to search just the BCUK site, that's what I usually do if the search is at all challenging. Like if there's more than one word in it. For example simply add " site:bushcraftuk.com" to the Google search.

RM27

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 17, 2010
UK
Rik i did use the search feature but found little on what i was trying to ask, anyway thanks for the imput so far.
I was wondering if anyone knows the ml capacity of the fuel bottle it comes with.

JD when you changed the burner for the civvy model was there any diference other than the ammount of fuel it could take? ie stronger/weaker flame?

My kit so far.

kit.jpg

Matches in Tik Tak container (pin under the box strip to clean stove vents if needed)
Syringe (for primeing)
Knife/Fork/Spoon/Tin Opener combo
Folding cup
Lighter with torch(white led)

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Incidentally you can use search engines like Google to search just the BCUK site, that's what I usually do if the search is at all challenging. Like if there's more than one word in it. For example simply add " site:bushcraftuk.com" to the Google search.

great tip ged, cheers:)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I found the civvy burner to be quicker to bloom and more reliable in colder temperatures (the military one failed to bloom at all in recent tests outside due to the cold). having the simmer ring on the civvy version is a major bonus too.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I shaved a stick to fit the D rings on the lid/cup handle, making a long and easy to grip handle that does not get red hot when used either on the stove as a lid or on a fire when used as a saucepan.
I also added a civvi simmer ring - it fits!

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Heres a modification i made for mine , might look geeky but i have used it a few times,works for me, and it can fit into the set when packed up.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: Herman30

RM27

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 17, 2010
UK
That grip looks fantastic, i want one!
I have had issues starting mine in this weather also, i asume its down to the ammount of brass acting as a heat sink at first, looks like ill have to get the smaller one and a simmer ring :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I was wondering if anyone knows the ml capacity of the fuel bottle it comes with.

I think it's the same as mine, but mine has a yellow label. Other than that it looks identical. Mine holds 284ml (just). That's half a pint.

Lighter with torch(white led)

I find the blue-flame style lighters better for lighting this kind of burner, you can heat a few spots of metal on the burner with the very hot, directional flame and even in cold weather it will get going quickly.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
But Rik - if we all used the search engine, you wouldn't be able to go on other web-sites and complain about us being lazy about not using one - oh, and also - what was it exactly? - something about being wannabes and preoccupied with gucci-kit! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE