Newbie - Advice on MTB Bergan Hip Support?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 23, 2023
Beverley
Hi all, newbie here mainly after advice on kit as attempting to do the Fan dance next year and shortback MTP bergan is in need of hip support as not using webbing. Just wondering if anyone has has used Jay Jays for Drop Down Wider Waistbands and if so did they help

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
Jay Jays kit is good, but the issued bergen is designed to be worn with belt kit so it won’t be the solution for you.

Seriously, get a decent civvy hiking rucksack that has been engineered to fit human beings. Your entire musculoskeletal system will thank you and it’ll save you from looking like a Walter when in that particular locale. Best of luck and I hope the weather is kind to you.

Dec 23, 2023
Beverley
Hi Athos, Thanks for advice on Jay Jays. I am completing as part of an Armed Forces Community Charity with Veterans and some still serving, all that are completing are using their issued Bergens. Those guys aren't wearing their webbing but as I am an odd shape up top just looking to transfer to hips as more used to. Totally appreciate walter comment and as chair for the charity see my fair share of them trying to access for monetary support.

Athos

Mar 12, 2021
East Sussex
Hi Athos, Thanks for advice on Jay Jays. I am completing as part of an Armed Forces Community Charity with Veterans and some still serving, all that are completing are using their issued Bergens. Those guys aren't wearing their webbing but as I am an odd shape up top just looking to transfer to hips as more used to. Totally appreciate walter comment and as chair for the charity see my fair share of them trying to access for monetary support.
Brilliant! I’m still serving so big respect for doing that. Put the details up if you have a JustGiving page or something along those lines and I’ll make a donation in support.

Best of luck, grizz it out and get it done!

Dec 23, 2023
Beverley
Brilliant! I’m still serving so big respect for doing that. Put the details up if you have a JustGiving page or something along those lines and I’ll make a donation in support.

Best of luck, grizz it
Great stuff and will do. If you are on Facebook look for M.A.S.H, we are based in the East Riding of Yorkshire providing free safe social spaces and activities with access to immediate crisis and long term support to those in the Armed Forces Community.

out and get it do

Reactions: Toddy and Athos

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE