swanndri alternative

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
is there a slighty cheaper well made jumper out there, i like the ranger shirt but just cant justify the £80 at the moment, just thought id ask
cheers
ben

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just made some Swanni clones from some blankets, albeit fleece ones as we got a really good deal in a local shop on them, dead easy to do and the satisfaction of knowing you made it, the bonus is, if it needs fixing, you know how it was made.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Just made some Swanni clones from some blankets, albeit fleece ones as we got a really good deal in a local shop on them, dead easy to do and the satisfaction of knowing you made it, the bonus is, if it needs fixing, you know how it was made.

That would be my recommendation too.

I had a Swannie and wore it for years - but before it falls completely to pieces, I've made its replacement, building in the features I wish the Swannie had from scratch.

ATB

Ogri the trog

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Craghoppers Microflleeces are good and I think they're in TKMaxx at the moment as well. Along with all sorts of craghoppers outdoor clothing, worth a look.
hope this helps

outdoorpaddy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Make your own....
Merinoshirtfromablanket.jpg

copied just like Ogri said..... :)
Total cost about £4...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE