Survival air rifle, modified, sawn-off, easily packable

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
if you guys like rambo boy, you should see his more popular twin brother 'weaponcollector'! he teahces everyone how to make knuckle dusters, lead weighted clubs and all sorts of dangerous toys for the children :)

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Is it just me or what but if your in a genuine survival situation the chances are your gonna have a sawn off air rifle in your pocket arnt you.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Fruit knife for cutting fruit wook? I prefer to use the 12inch Bowie I keep strapped to my ankle. For intriate paring of vegetables I use a shard of glass.

Now that's survival...

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
if you guys like rambo boy, you should see his more popular twin brother 'weaponcollector'! he teahces everyone how to make knuckle dusters, lead weighted clubs and all sorts of dangerous toys for the children :)

Oh gawd...that guy!? He's been around for ages. Very questionable sort...He keeps cropping up every time I look for a review on an air pistol... The world needs more extreme right wing survivalist weirdos... On the other hand, I have been following Joerg Sprave, who's a maker of dangerous things but more of a genius without the inverted commas.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
But at least tatoos aren't as silly as baseball caps :D

Now your being silly Red.

Tattoo's seem to encourage chewed and oft grubby finger nails in men and a rather tawdry image in women, a baseball cap keeps my glasses (contact lenses these days) dry so serve a useful purpose. Only my humble opinion.

Thank you Spandit for your comment.

Still airgun talk, anyone got a little .177 for sale as I want to get my grandson shooting, smaller the better as he's only just 4 and a half.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Tattoo's seem to encourage.......a rather tawdry image in women,.

title_the_queen_blu-ray.jpg

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland

Tattoo's seem to encourage chewed and oft grubby finger nails in men and a rather tawdry image in women, a baseball cap keeps my glasses (contact lenses these days) dry so serve a useful purpose. Only my humble opinion.

Thank you Spandit for your comment.

Still airgun talk, anyone got a little .177 for sale as I want to get my grandson shooting, smaller the better as he's only just 4 and a half.

Don't get a Weirauch 35 for the nipper, my nephew has one and every so often the safety sticks hard, when he pushes it off, the gun goes off. A common problem apparently.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

No, just my personal prejudice (as opposed to yours :)). I think baseball caps are aping American "yoof culture" and look absurd on English people - let alone mature ones.

So many things can be seen as "mutilation"....ear piercing, depilation etc. If eye liner "mutilation" on a woman? Some have it tatood on.....

I don't mind body art...but I do mind silly hats ;)

Don't have a small .177 sorry mate.....wait a few years and get him a nice .410!

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Conventional wisdom dictates that if you want to poach animals on land where you don't have permission, you use a folding catapult that can be stuffed in a pocket.

"Honest, guv'ner, just out for a walk....."

Conventional wisdom is still correct. Also the consequences of being found with a Black Widow stuffed in your jacket would be far less problematic than a sawn off air rifle.

Of course, I would never endorse criminality..... unless you're really hungry ;)

Oh I dunno, I think it is meant to give you some information about the knife's intended use. A bushcraft knife will ideally be optimised for wood carving, battoning and if a R.Mears copy have a nice square ground spine for firesteels. A fruit knife is for cutting fruit. A paring knife is for intricate peeling and cutting of foodstuffs.

A survival knife is for running into the woods wearing nothing but an over the shoulder knife sling and camo paint....... something I'm sure we all do regularly ;)

The difference between poaching and not poaching is usually which side of the fence you are walking on and if the gun is in the bag. No need for short barrels.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
No, just my personal prejudice (as opposed to yours :)). I think baseball caps are aping American "yoof culture" and look absurd on English people - let alone mature ones.

So many things can be seen as "mutilation"....ear piercing, depilation etc. If eye liner "mutilation" on a woman? Some have it tatood on.....

I don't mind body art...but I do mind silly hats ;)

Don't have a small .177 sorry mate.....wait a few years and get him a nice .410!

Good enough for my future King, good enough for me
http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Prince+William/PR-lVy-TtMy/angle/7LfQNr56dUL
They can't look worse than the sight of a mature chap in a skanky old jacket and leather bushcraft hat :lmao:

I can live with ear piercing, eye liner, its not permanent. I nursed many an old fella who said they wished they'd never had the tattoo(s). Just my view, matters not in the scheme of things.

I've got a 410, another three or four years yet until he has a shot I think. I've got him pinging (with help) a little air pistol and he loves it. Thankfully his mom has no problem with guns. I've ordered him a wooden 'play' fort, arrives Friday, can't wait :)

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Fruit knife for cutting fruit wook? I prefer to use the 12inch Bowie I keep strapped to my ankle. For intriate paring of vegetables I use a shard of glass.

Now that's survival...

It's only survival if you don't cut yourself...

I always thought a rifle had a long barrel for a reason. I'd have though cutting it down would impair the performance - but then I have no knowledge of guns. However would I bow to the knowledge of that chap??? [and I've not even seen the vid yet]

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Good enough for my future King, good enough for me
http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Prince+William/PR-lVy-TtMy/angle/7LfQNr56dUL
They can't look worse than the sight of a mature chap in a skanky old jacket and leather bushcraft hat :lmao:

I can live with ear piercing, eye liner, its not permanent. I nursed many an old fella who said they wished they'd never had the tattoo(s). Just my view, matters not in the scheme of things.

I've got a 410, another three or four years yet until he has a shot I think. I've got him pinging (with help) a little air pistol and he loves it. Thankfully his mom has no problem with guns. I've ordered him a wooden 'play' fort, arrives Friday, can't wait :)

How do you get on with the 410 because a fellow allotmont holder tells me he used to use one to kill wood pidgeon at close range however most of the time the pathetic bird shot would bounce off their feathers and the bird would fly off relatively unharmed!

I also do not like shotguns for vermin work as they are like using a stick of dynamite to kill a small bird/rodent. I'll take my nicely tuned HW80 any day of the week although a .22 would be my preferred tool.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A .410 will kill a wood pigeon easily within its appropriate range.

It sounds to me as though your fellow allotment holder is a Walt - that "pathetic bird shot" is carrying about 600 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle - as opposed to the 12 ft lbs from an air rifle. Now the shot spreads, but even a quarter of that shot at thirty yards will be carrying far more enery than a pellet.

If its vermin control, you use the most efficient tool - Ed Cook demonstrated the efficiency of a .410 on an estate with a significant rabbit problem

Ed-Cook.jpg

As he puts it

As dawn broke we decided to call it a night. The grand total
was 521- not had for a .410 `kids gun.'

Red

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
How do you get on with the 410 because a fellow allotmont holder tells me he used to use one to kill wood pidgeon at close range however most of the time the pathetic bird shot would bounce off their feathers and the bird would fly off relatively unharmed!

I also do not like shotguns for vermin work as they are like using a stick of dynamite to kill a small bird/rodent. I'll take my nicely tuned HW80 any day of the week although a .22 would be my preferred tool.

To tell the truth, I can't get out much to kill anything other than a couple of rats that got finished with an air rifle recently but a .410 should dispatch a bird easy enough depending upon range, and as in Red's post are very effective against Mr Bunny. A lot of the local lads go bunny hunting near me and the .410 is popular and easier to own than a .22.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE