surplus and adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
the annoying things is.....

I actually visited the store on a recent trip to Wales, without remembering who it was :eek:
my opinion really nice, huge surplus store, nice to look round.
it had a fair mix of cheap copy kit and decent gear.
nothing bad to say about the actual shop.
but...
People should be warned about the seemingly unending
delivery failures,
problems,
returns,
and refund issues.

petem

Dec 21, 2010
chesterfield
Buy from this company at your peril.
I ordered some boots on the 29th November and 21 days later no boots even though they took my money straight away. No emails offering any explanation till i emailed them. I was then told the boots hadn\'t been dispatched yet.(no explanation why either) i was then informed they were on route 2 days later by royal mail, and not by next day delivery as it says in their conditions if any stock is delayed it will be posted next day delivery. This company and their so called customer service is a joke, avoid at all costs

ruby

Feb 12, 2011
Suffolk
Surplus and Adventure - Do not buy from this company - they are rubbish!
I ordered my husband a few items at the beginning of December - hat, socks & thermals for Christmas, having first checked that they were in stock.
The thermals arrived 2 days before Christmas and were so rubbish I emailed them immediately saying I was cancelling the order.
On the 10th of January I then received the remainder of the order, which I sent back.
I emailed them several times requesting a refund including the postage I had to pay to send them back, it wasn't until I quoted the Distance Selling Regulations of which they have 30 days to refund me that they finally took note and refunded me. I didn't get the postage I was owed but obviously will never use them again!

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Maybe we need a bad service section on the forum for companies like this! its nice to be forewarned when ordering gear from cowboy merchants

i agree with that, not sure how it stands up legally, if there is any implications but i agree, good and bad service should be made common knowledge, like we do with discounts. if everyone then posted a bad exp then the amount of pages per company would be like a grading system. the more pages the worse they are!

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
maybe a page per company where people could leave a rating for them, good or bad? would build a clear picture over time.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
What depresses me about this thread is that I first came across this forum about 3 years ago while trying to find out if S & A were any good. I read the feedback, saw a mention of Endicotts and ordered from them instead. Now I don't bother going anywhere else.

If your still getting the same awful feedback year after year, you either better do something, or just hope that none of your customers can Google. Seemingly its the latter - but sooner or later your reputation is going to cost you money.

woody234

Apr 18, 2011
United Kingdom
I brought some items last month and no delivery, I fell for the everything is in stock thing on their website (green tick), I do not buy online normally, so I did not think of googling to find out if these companys are good or bad, now I have learnt a good lesson

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello woody234 :) welcome to the forum.

Quite astonishing how often this company comes up in complaints :sigh:
That said, I've never 'not' had my order delivered.....sometimes in bits and pieces a long time after I've forgotten that I'd ordered, but it did arrive.
Definitely a CAVEAT EMPTOR needed on them.

cheers,
Toddy

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
All I can say is I'm so glad I used the search function on this forum and did a check on them before I put in a sizeable order. It's very easy to get seduced by the cheap prices and good assortment of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE