Brisa Necker 70 - loose kydex sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I picked up a Brisa Necker 70 last week, with an extra kydex sheath with the idea of wearing it as a neck knife (a wild idea, I know!).

The kydex sheath seems really loose, though. Very light shaking will make the knife drop out, only takes a very slight amount of pressure. Last thing I want to do is fall over and stab myself in the lung.

Anyone else experienced this with a kydex sheath? I might return the knife and sheath as the shop I bought it from said ‘never heard of this before but ok…’ when I queried it. But if there’s an easy fix I’d probably keep it. Never worked with kydex before so unsure!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Not something I've experienced but if it was mine I'd warm it up in the oven and reshape it to grip a bit better.....

Sent from my moto g22 using Tapatalk

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I picked up a Brisa Necker 70 last week, with an extra kydex sheath with the idea of wearing it as a neck knife (a wild idea, I know!).

The kydex sheath seems really loose, though. Very light shaking will make the knife drop out, only takes a very slight amount of pressure. Last thing I want to do is fall over and stab myself in the lung.

Anyone else experienced this with a kydex sheath? I might return the knife and sheath as the shop I bought it from said ‘never heard of this before but ok…’ when I queried it. But if there’s an easy fix I’d probably keep it. Never worked with kydex before so unsure!
I have one of the old enzos, and yes the sheath is loose. I pocket carry mine

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
I tried softening mine in hot water to make it fit better- big mistake, it has inserts stuck inside, presumably to stop the blade from getting scratched, these came unstuck. I then purchased a kydex sheath from America, I forget the make, but they have straps with locking press studs, so you can have it scout style or belt hanging etc. I got one before for my Benchmade Bushcrafter which is an excellent sheath. Unfortunately, because of the profile of the Necker, it doesn't have such a positive lock when it clicks in, and even after repeated squeezing of the entrance to the sheath, it isn't secure for long!
I do love my Necker though, I got the flat grind in Ivory Micarta, it still gives me that feeling of "wow", even now after 4 years or so.

GreyDog

Mar 24, 2021
Holmfirth
Try adding a square of 25mm velcro - the fussy side (You can get them as dots or squares or on a roll) Stick it into the inside of the sheath at the opening - adds a bit of pressure to the blade, but not too much, and won't run anything.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Thanks, I’ll try that. :) It’s an Armatus from America, so not cheap, especially with postage to UK, I wanted to get one for my F1, but it put me off, it seems to depend on the handle profile as to how effective it “locks” onto it- my Benchmade Bushcrafter is perfect, never needs adjusting, not so with the Necker.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE